Options

Winterizing Rinker 312

WeberWeber Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
I drained the water system down, filled the water tank with antifreeze and ran it through the water system. I used the air pump on the engines, and followed the instructions to purge the water out. I added antifreeze to all the bilge pumps, and drains. I just need to figure out what to do with the ac inlet, and toliet? Any help with those? And anything I'm missing?
Sin or Swim - Rinker 312

Comments

• Options
    Forgot to mention generator, Drained the strainer, disconnected the hose and put it in a bucket of antifreeze, ran the genny until antifreeze came out the exhaust. The ac I'm pretty sure I'm ok, plan to use a pump and pump it in through the exhaust. So really the electric toilet is my concern.
    Sin or Swim - Rinker 312
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can run the antifreeze backwards through the a/c. Get a good pump out, run antifreeze thru the toilet/flush. You'lll need to run antifreeze thru the toilet water intake too.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    I ran through the ac backwards, and then just disconnected the toilet intake and let it suck the antifreeze in.

Same with the genny.

Water system filled the tank and ran each faucet until pink came out of both hot and cold.

Engines have the air pump system, pumped them up until all the water drained. Did it a few times over a couple days to be sure.

Anything else I'm missing for freeze protection?
    Sin or Swim - Rinker 312
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    Sounds like you did it correct except I always run pink stuff thru the engines as well as hand pump.  To me there is too much risk of leaving water in there somewhere.  I'm assuming you have closed cooling system, otherwise you will definitely be leaving water in system (I'm not sure that raw water cooling has the hand pump).

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express