Options

Bow cushion support

My fat **** has caused by center bow cushion to crease somewhat in the center. Without having to remove and replace the board underneath, does anyone have a simple repair?

Comments

• Options
    SandkriceSandkrice Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    No, I don't. The boat is 750 miles away and I will not see her til late April. It is the large (roughly 4'x3') center cushion in the vee birth that you remove to place a table for dining or insert this large filler cushion for sleeping. Not sure if that helps much?
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandkrice - obviously you don't know RinkerYan. Steve doesn't want a picture of your cushion he wants one of your a**. :-) MT  Oh Yeah - that was tooooo easy!
  • Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Wonder if there's enough room underneath to screw a couple of cross braces into the wood? Eventually it sounds like you'll be replacing the broken piece and reupholstering.
  • Options
    SandkriceSandkrice Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Well that took an awkward turn for the worse! RinkerYan- I would post pics of the large a$& but you have to promise not to make fun of my tramp stamp... Capt Steve- I regret to say that I never considered a SIMPLE solution like cross bracing! I was thinking more along the lines of a cut down table pedestal but it wouldn't offer support except in the very center. Cross bracing should work nicely. Thanks
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angle aluminum would work great for a cross brace. You can pick it up at the local big box home improvement center.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!