Options

x

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

x

Post edited by Michael T on

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod

They are only 120V operating.  I thought that would limit me on using my ice maker, but we tend to use it quite a bit and leave that ice for last to use on a 3-4 day weekend (just use an ice pic to break it up)  I have at times taken a portable ice maker on trips that i will be anchored for more than a few days cause it will make plenty of ice in short periods of time...aka mixed drink ice to keep the party going.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    edited November 2014

x

• Options
    edited November 2014

x

• Options

Well, when I do run the genny, I have it run the ice maker so it keeps it cold.  But, if you keep it closed after it has been on and full of ice, it will keep for days.

The portable, I'd have to check the brand, but it is 110V.  But, it makes ice every 8 minutes or so.  So, running the genny for an hour or so will give me enough for drinks & if I'm on the hook for several days, i run the genny twice a day for a couple hours each, sometimes a bit more.  I don't take the portable though except to the Rinker Rendezvous, maybe our August trip since we anchor a lot, and maybe one or two other long weekends at most.  It's a bit heavy, but does work nice.  I originally bought it and used it on our 310 that didn't have the ice maker.

• Options
    HamdogHamdog Member Posts: 247 ✭✭
    "Wetted" Bliss 2005 Rinker 342 - Black Hull - Twin Mercruiser 350 Mags - BIII's
  • Options
    edited November 2014

x

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang...you guys are scarring me.....I have a lot to learn to have this under control!  I'm looking at 270's...is there anywhere on line to view an operation manual so I can get a little jump on knowing how all this stuff works?
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Any electric motor will draw 7 times the name plate or running amps at start up usally for about 1-2 seconds.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Ras, you are way ahead of almost all first boat owners. Heck, I can tell you stories of my first couple years of boating that would make you laugh! (& those just the first years ownership, not the ones when I was younger and used my father's boat) :))