Options

Stereo System Upgrade

SeaShiftSeaShift Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
Looking at becoming "that guy". Lol. I want to install a couple subs into my 2003 310. I was wondering if anyone has tackled this project. If so where did you mount the subs, and the amps. Pictures and any advice or problems you ran into would be greatly appreciated. My plan is to add two 10" sub woofers, replace the 4 cockpit speakers. 2 new amps -1 for the subs and one for the coaxials. Add a second deep cycle battery to the house. And probably plan on running the generator anytime were rocking. Any help with the location of the equipment would be awesome! Thanks. 2 more months and I'll be floating

Comments

• Options
    WeberWeber Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    There is an access by the helm, I have seen a sub mounted in that spot.
    Sin or Swim - Rinker 312
  • Options
    SeaShiftSeaShift Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    That's a great idea I can always take the speaker out if I need access. I was thinking of the second one being placed on the wall down to the left of the drivers seat. I guess the back of the speaker would be up high in that floor compartment.
  • Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Maybe completely out of sight. If your set up is like my 320 2006... pull the ice maker out and put the sub under the wet bar in a box fastened down to the floor. Then no one can steal it because they can't see it and its a sub... you'll hear the deep bass any where you put it. :-) And no fiberglass cutting. You want the boat sellable to all perspecive buyers when you get 2ft itis... :-)

LG
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    On my old 310, I had a sub mounted as Weber mentioned, by the helm. At times though while cruising, the thump would make me think for a second where it was sine it was right next to me and felt it. Definitely makes easy access if needed as well.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express