Options

Commodore

raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
I will be the Commodore this year for my clubs 100th Anniversary. Just wondering if any other RBOC brothers or sisters are officer's of their club's..
2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Past Commodore here. Welcome to the 'club'!

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Past Harbor Master, past vice-Commodore ,past Commodore. Quite an experience but fun.
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Like any organization, challenges but fun. Enjoy!! Our YC is extremely informal compared to a lot, Chicago YC is an example. We get a lot of recip visitors for the fun though.

Once you are done (not to rush it at all!!). Look at joining a PC club: www.iobg.org. Gets you extra cred when visiting other clubs too. I can get you more info.

Again, congrats.
    Post edited by Black_Diamond on

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    I have been a past Commodore already for the club. 2 years 2004-2005. I have also been Vice Commodore assistant Vice Commodore, Financial Secretary and Trustee. I am also a member of the Commodore Club of America.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,554 mod
    Past Commodore at Mount Vernon Yacht Club in Virginia.  I loved every minute of it, even though it was like having a family of 400 children.  

Congrats on the 100th anniversary.  Sounds like a great excuse for a big party!  Is it common in your club for a Commodore to serve multiple terms?  

Good luck - enjoy the ride!
  • Options
    Hey LaRea it is hard to find members to run for office at my club. We only have 53 full boat members. Last years Commodore only served one year. The Commodore before him I think was 4 years (way to long IMO). We have a committee for the 100th  Anniversary for all kinds of events. Should be a great summer....
  • Options
    MustardMustard Member Posts: 8
    I have been Commodore of Nashville Yacht Club twice, 2011 and 2013.  This year I will go on the board of Cedar Creek Yacht Club for the fourth time and will be Vice Commodore 2014, then Commodore 2015.  It has always been fun but sometimes a thankless job,
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Ray, 100 year anniversary is a big deal. Pull out the stops.  <:-P
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    trich11trich11 Member Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    Past Rear Comodore and current Comodore of Peoria Boat Club.