Options

Vessel View 7

jaubryjaubry Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
Hi, I am having a dealer install VV7 to eliminate the Faria gauges. My challenge is getting the dash insert from Rinker. The 330 is the same dash as the 340. Yet I can't get the rinker dealer to price it out because it's not a 340. Even after saying I'd pay for it even if it's not the same. Does anyone know where I can get the part number? Alternatively, I'd love to order the panels in a carbon fiber if someone makes them. My suspicion, if I can't locate the replacement dash, is to use what there as a template and make a new one. Any help would be appreciate. Johnny

Comments

• Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Hi, You should contact Cindy Scott at Rinker if somebody can help it will be her. Phone : 574 970-5147 or e-mail her at cscott@nauticalglobalgroup.com Paul
  • Options
    Capt RonCapt Ron Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    I agree with Frenchship...Randy sent me a blank one for my chartplotter.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I just emailed her. Much appreciated
  • Options
    Cindy got back to me and will try to find a blank. Thanks for the suggestions.
  • Options
    kneedeepkneedeep Member Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    Johnny, if you don't mind me asking, how much is the vv7 going to cost installed? I have an 09 340 & I'm planning on installing it also. We have some boat shows coming up & I am going to try and get some quotes from merc dealers at the show. Also, Last year, I contacted rinker & the dash panel was going to be around 250 if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    Kneedeep, The biggest issue I have found isn't really the price of the unit, rather the other harnesses required. Such as the fuel tank sending units are analog, so you have to get a harness that converts it to digital. Then, a nmea 2000 cable out to the chartplotter. The unit itself is approximately $1800 Canadian. All in I'm hovering around $2500. As for the dash, I'm not having much luck thus far. Blank or the dash out of the 340 fitted for VV. Waiting on Rinker parts supplier to see if the can fill the order.
  • Options
    Jaubry, I'm going to a boat show this weekend. I'm hoping to do some vv7 shopping. I'll let you know what I get for prices.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, I just had a look at my new 2014 Rinker EC 360. I started to read the manual for the VV7. You will love it. I had the "older" version opf VV in my 2013 Rinker EC 310. The VV7 is not just a "gauge reader and reporter" like the old VV it is a computer that is a whole new breed of cat. I can hardly wait to see all of the management activities it is capable of doing - particularly with my 8.2 Mags. :-) MT
  • Options
    Jaubry, I just ordered my new dash panel (2009 - 340) from Rinker. It is just over 300 plus taxes & shipping. I'm waiting for some quotes back on the vv7. MT, I agree, can't wait to start using it.
  • Options
    Kneedeep, Cindy was able to get my dash ordered as well. They asked for the dimensions of thevv7 to vaccu cut the hole. Looking forward to seein it all completed and working.