Options

Garmin vs Raymarine

jaubryjaubry Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
I am sure this thread has happened on the older models. Has anyone compared the Garmin 741xs to the Raymarine e7d? I am leaning towards the e7d, however, the Garmin maps are impressive not to mention all the other Garmin products I have and use. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    There is a thread on this forum call Garmin vs Raymarine Chartplotters wich is quit recent July 2013 it has good Infos on the seven series (maybe not the 741xs)you could look it up.
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Garmin satellite images are hit n miss. Some are hi rez and some are such low rez that they're useless. Can't speak for the Raymarine images. Otherwise my Garmin is fine.
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    john744john744 Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    I have the e7d.  I really like the hybrid touch features but had to return it right after purchase.  The micro SD card reader was defective and would not read my Nav Chip.  Then, had trouble with the touch screen.  CONSTANTLY had to re-calibrate the screen.  Just got a notice from Raymarine about defective series of touch screens.  Had to return the unit (again - more shipping cost).  Raymarine quickly replaced it, but it was still a quality issue.

John & Kathy

2002 FV 310 "pair*a*dox"