Options

Bravo II prop set 17 3/4 x 21P for sale $300 OBO

Hi all...

I am selling my  spare set of props I have had for a long time. I got these with the boat 5 years ago and found they were the wrong pitch for my 5.7L engines. I bought new 23P props for the boat and found another set used that I use as my spares. These props will have to have some work done on them as they have some corrosion on them. One prop has a ding and slightly bent witch you can see in the pic. The other is in good shape. I had them on my boat for a year and worked fine with good hole shot but came up a little short on top end. They are 17 3/4 x 21 pitch aluminum Quicksilver, have left and right. I think they were made for the 5.0L engines. The numbers on them are: 48 18616 A40 21P and 48 18617 A42 21P. Asking $250 plus shipping(approx. ($50) for both, or best offer. Sold as a set only.

You have to love the water....

Len & Robyn   342 FV  Freebird

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wash them off with The Works toilet bowl cleaner (not the thick stuff) and they'll shine right up.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    brianluckbrianluck Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    out of curiosity what where your wot rpms and top speed with these 21p props. i have a set of 23p and i am not happy with my holeshot/jumping on plan performance i too have 5.7 mercs but im a 30' where you are a 34' 
    1994 300fv "General Madness"
  • Options
    l-skynyrdl-skynyrd Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭

Brian...

I took these props off the boat four years ago so it hard to remember exactly what the rpms and top speed where. From what I remember the hole shot was about 2 to 4 seconds to plane faster with the 21p. I have the factory tachs still in the boat and so a accurate rpm I can not give you. I do believe that with the 23p props wot rpms were 100 to 200 lower than with the 21p props. The speed difference at wot was about 3 mph slower with the 21p props (38+/- mph).

You have a 1994 boat and the hp of your older engines might be less then mine which is 2002. My rated hp is 300 each. This might explain why you are sluggish out of the hole with the 23p props.

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    I might be interested in your 23's Brian, if the price is right.  I have two left-hand props, but am now on my spare right-hand (spun hub last summer, was a rebuilt hub so it is done in my book).  Tell me the Diameter as well.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options

Brian......

I did a little research on 1994 5.7 engines and they were rated at 260 hp with 4 bbl carb. I am guessing that your 23p props are a little to much pitch for 260 hp engines. The newer 5.0L engines are rated at 260 hp which is why I thought these props were made for that engine.

D_I....Hard to believe that your big blocks us the same props as my small blocks. Good luck finding a prop at a reasonable price. I have a spare set that I bought a couple years ago from someone on here but they are not for sale. I am sure you are looking on e-bay often, good luck in your search. I bought a new set about 4 years ago (marine supply store in WA) and when I got them one looked reconditioned. I called them and they said to send it back and they would refund my money for the one prop. They refunded all of my money and never asked for the other prop back. Sometimes you just get lucky. Bought the other prop (new) from a site on e-bay

• Options
    brianluckbrianluck Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    dream inn. i wish i could help you but my current set of props are on their last life. they have touched bottom one to many times. 

l-skynyrd that was my thinking too that i dont have the hp needed to turn that bigger pitch. i appreciate your help. i hope those 23p work well for you
    1994 300fv "General Madness"
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    Thanks, I'll probably just buy new.  I got lucky with one and bought it from a forum member.  The other spare was bought new, which is my left-hand rotation (tougher one to get).  The price wasn't terrible new, so I'll go that route.  I was very happy I had a spare though.  & when I ordered the LR one, it took months to get.  I couldn't imagine waiting that long for a prop at a needed time!!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Just to let anyone know, I am listing these props on Craigs list and E-bay. If interested make me a offer.

• Options

Just thought I would let everyone know I still have these props. $100 plus shipping or make a offer.

Len

• Options
    dbudowdbudow Member Posts: 3
    I'll take the props. I need them asap.  Hello r u there
  • Options
    I am here and still have the props. Are you the person that e-mailed me?

• Options
    Yes Im the person that emailed
  • Options
    Can u please call me.  My name is Dave Bowman I'm from Tinley park, il 7087780802