Options

removal of the back rest rail in the cabin

2004 Fiesta Vee 250, trying to redo the interior.  I can't figure out how to detach the back rest rails in the cabin to reupholster them.  How are they attached?

Comments

• Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    I think they are slip sleeves. Try pushing up from the bottom while slightly rocking left and right. They should pop up and out of their aluminium sleeves.
  • Options
    mrdeerheadmrdeerhead Member Posts: 8
    I'll try that thanks
  • Options
    Actually it turned out to have 5 in each rail 2.5 inch stainless wood screws hidden in the seam between the top and bottom cushion pieces. could find them until I separated and tore away the fabric a little where it appeared something had pulled through and sure enough there they were!  Of course one was put in with a stripped head. there has to be one in every crowd! but in the end, I won!
  • Options
    Everything is now out and will start filling all the rough spots and voids with bondo before painting!
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, That's ambitious!

Welcome to the forum. We're heading to Islamarada on the 14th. Where are you located?
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    Yep but I'm going back with teak instead of carpet so I need a slightly better surface and I will cover all the old glass with an antimicrobial paint to cover the old mildew smell and start fresh! 
  • Options
    MM 86 Venetian Shores

• Options
    Geez that's about 1.5 mi from where I'll be a week from friday on the 14th. We're heading to the boat show fri morning then staying at mm 88.5 bayside at the snake creek bridge until sun to scout for a planned trip down with the boat in the spring. Lets grab a beer. I'll send you my cell# in a PM. check your mail. I could really use some local input on trailering the boat down in April. Always good to meet another Rinker owner. Thanks, Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
  • Options
    10/4 Mike, I'm a Realtor as well as a charter boat captain.  I work at Realty World - Freewheeler across from the Weigh Station. Looking forward to that beer! Are you staying at the Harbour Lights?
  • Options

Always open to a good suggestion from a local guy but we've been thinking about checking out this spot......

Smugglers Cove LINK

It's seems pretty low key, like us, but you never really know what you have until you see a spot so we're doing a road trip weekend to check it out w/o the boat. I'm really scouting for a place that I can launch our FV270 nearby and then stay aboard with a shoreside safe zone for the truck/trailer. These guys are priced about right and will accommodate our boat/trailer. I don't need a pool and all the resort support, just a protected sea wall with electric and easy access to food/drinks.

Beer's on me and maybe we'll get a first hand view of your re-build project. It's a worthy project. I've been a Fl boater/sailor my whole life and been through many boats but we sure like our 270. I'll text you later today. Cya, Mike
  • Options
    Smugglers just went through a major overhaul last year and is exactly what you described. We live just across the creek and would love to show you my project boat and tell you the story behind it!
  • Options
    I'm all about that. We'll talk later today. Mike