Boston Boat Show

jmoen438jmoen438 Member Posts: 98 ✭✭✭
Headed to the show on Saturday to get my fix, anybody been yet? Any must sees?

Comments

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was at the Grand Rapids boat show last weekend, it's not on for larger boats. Only 1 small Rinker there from a dealer. My son and I went on a few 35-38' Cruisers, Regal and Tiara's. He commented how none had a nicer layout or more room (some a lot less - Tiara) than our 342. :)

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigger is always better! lol. The Cruisers 540SC I went on 3 years ago was amazing...and the same fuel burn as mine!

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    I am going on Thursday. Will report back at what I see.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    I found a number of Rinkers inside the 3 story convention hall on the main level at Miami but didn't make it to the other two wet dock areas where there may have been others. It was truly too big to cover in only a day. The Mercruiser disply is awesome. Tons of other mfgs/vendors with giant HP engine displays that are unbelievable.

I did get inside the Rinker 290 which is really just a FV270 with a molded swim platform and less room in the cabin and cockpit. It did have a convertible rear seat but you loose the large fender stowage and mega sized swim platform, not to mention the rear sultans bed for my filler cushions. I do love the cockpit seat material but the layout of my 270 was actually more functional. imho

Rinker did fine for being so far from their roots. Now, Regal which is based in Orlando really poured it on in Miami. A fabulous display with dozens of sales drones and white plush carpeted display floor connecting about a dozen models at swim platform height. Boat babes in hot pants for the easily distracted deep pocketed buyer. The race boats were there in force with all the hot cars and teeny bikini models too. I have to admit I had to wear my sunglasses to disguise my field of view at times. :D.

I bought a new bbq for the stern on mega sale from one of the hundreds of marine stuff venders. Kinda knew what I wanted to see and while I didn't have a real plan, I had a few targets. It was like a huge candy store for big boy toys.

Good luck in Boston. Have fun and try not to get afflicted with three-foot-itis.

Mike

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • gslprogslpro Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    We are going to try to get there this week.  Our marina has a Chris Craft booth there.  Saw pics of their booth on facebook.  Very nice.  I want to see their Corsair 35, which is like a mansion stuffed into a 35' "cuddy".  I'll take one in blue, with the Powerball logo painted on the side please.  Huh, what?  did I fall asleep again...sorry.

We go mainly to see the vendors or items for our boat, which we can actually afford.  I will look for the Rinker dealer booth and take some pics for y'all.
    Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie
  • jmoen438jmoen438 Member Posts: 98 ✭✭✭
    Mike, too late on three footitis. The 310 I've been drooling over for the last two summers is coming up for sale. Tough trying to convince the Admiral for the upgrade. Hoping she'll set foot on some bigger boats in Boston and get the itch.
    Went to the boat show yesterday and it was very disappointing to say the least. I do not like the layout of the new boats at all. The only boat the I really liked was a Carver. There were 3 Rinkers but all bow riders with the biggest being a 27'. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    Thanks Ray, hoping the Admiral steps on some bigger boats and will want the 310. Hopefully she doesn't get attached to the Ranger Tug.
    The Ranger Tug are Ugg....lol No 310 at the show. If you dont want to spend $750,000 stay away from the Carver. IMO the best boat at the show. Good luck bro and post back what you think.....
    Boston show sucked this year, big difference from 2 years ago. Pitiful showing from Rinker, accessory vendors were lousy. The 32' Monterrey was the nicest boat I saw for that range. Wife fell in love with the 29' Ranger Tug. Would be a good great loop boat. It'll be awhile before I go back to the show. She is convinced that the 310 is the size we need, so part of the master plan worked.
  • qwikwhipqwikwhip Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
    Just got back from the show. I agree, it sucked. I was hoping to see more accessory vendors. I was also dissapointed in the smaller sport cuddy/cruiser selection, or lack there of. It was mostly 30+ footers, sailboats and bowriders. Rinker was nothing but bowriders.
    2005 Captiva 232 Liberty Edition, MX6.2/B3, Corsa
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    I agree. IMO there is nothing available that is anywhere near as nice as a Rinker342/350/360 for ANYWHERE near the price.....and by that I mean within 100K of the price. My dealer has a 350 Cruisers - no seperate shower, no ice maker, no blender, no satellite TV, wood flooring and cabinets that we don't like.....AND the cruisers has only 6'5" MAX headroom whereas the Rinker has 6'11" at the entrance sloping slowly to 6'6" at the front berth. AWESOME! BTW look at the options list on the other manufacturers' boats - CRAZY! The Cruisers and my 2014 Rinker 360 both have the same power: twin 8.2 mags/B3 "X"/Axius Premier and the Cruisers is over 100K more - IMO that's nuts! I have been in hundreds of boats and unless you go to a trawler or cockpit up design (Carver/Meridian) no manufacturer can touch a Rinker for features and ROOM! :-) MT
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    Hey jmoen438. I know why your wife likes the Rinker 310. I had a heck of a time convincing my wife to sell our 2013 EC 310 and buy a 2014 EC 360. Women love the cockpit, galley and storage designs of the 310. All the Admiral's female friends went nuts over it. They were crazy about the skylight and the swivel captain's bench and the huge amount of storage. We had parties with 10-12 people on it and no one felt crampted. There is no wonder that it won two awards for cockpit design as it has the best designed cockpit for a boat of that size that I have ever been on. My wife still says it will probably be her favourite boat of all time. Even better, is that is was so easy to handle that she docked it, many times - NO sweat! It had 350 magnums and went like a bullet with decent fuel burn. You and particularly your wife will love that boat! Good  luck, post pics! :-) MT
    edited March 2014
    I agree the show  sucked. I thought the best boat at the show was the Carver. Also I am not a big Cruisers fan but they finally got rid of the step in the middle of the cockpit. Good move. Rinkers still the best deal on the market.......
    Post edited by raybo3 on