Any 276 owners

JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
Have the "aft filler cushion"?

I am thinking about ordering it, but I cant find a picture of it installed anywhere and want to make sure it's worth the $$$$
2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3

Comments

• Strother85Strother85 Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    I just bought a 2014 276, don't get to pick it up until sometime in May from the dealer though.  I'm thinking I probably won't order the filler cushion just because of the issue of where to put it when it is not in use.  I suppose I will have a better idea by the end of the year after being out on the water.
  • JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to have another 276 owner on here! There's a couple more guys that post here & there.

Yeah the storage issue is one I didnt consider, but I figure it could be thrown in the cabin when not in use pretty easily. What options did you order yours with? Mines pretty basic with only pumpout toilet, subwoofer/speaker upgrade, full canvas package, and 350 Mag/B3. I sometimes wish I ponied up for the windlass and MAYBE the arch, but those are pricey options. I definitely should have paid the extra $50 for the built-in Ipod Sony radio upgrade, as the aux-in is not ideal if you want to change songs.
    I went all out man, I got a great price for the options I got by purchasing at the boat show.  I have the arch, sub/speaker upgrade, full canvas, 350 mag/B3, pumpout. I kind of wish I would have motored up a bit but then again....more HP = more gas $.  The windlass would be nice, but I did not really see it as a necessity. Where do you do most of your boating?  Do you trailer?
    Sounds just like mine except I dont have the arch. I wonder if I would like the big block better too, but it cruises in the high 20's/low 30's & tops out at 45mph so its got plenty of power with the 350 Mag.

We are in Metro Detroit and boat in Lake St. Clair. We keep it at a marina, and right now do not have a trailer. I always keep an eye out for a steal on a trailer, but I dont have a truck right now anyways so its not a priority.

Post some pics when you get a chance. :)

45 is probably fast enough on the water, at least for my purposes.  I will post pics when I get the boat, I don't take delivery until mid may but I bought it from hideaway yachts and will be dropping in lake st clair for my demo run when we take delivery.  I do a lot of boating in northern michigan so a trailer was a must in my case, I'm having one custom built by loadmaster trailer in port clinton ohio.  Trailer will be done by May 1, picking the boat up mid May.  Can't wait!

Awesome, thats where I got mine from as well (last year).

John was my salesguy, and I've got nothing but good things to say about all of the guys at Hideaway.

Mind me asking what the trailer is going to run? Its hard to get an idea on what they cost new as most places dont post prices.

I know Port Clinton well too, my dad worked there for 10+ years and its a great boating scene too.
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did Hideaway take over Rinker sales from Metro Boat Sales (on Jefferson too)?  Been a few years but I got my 342 from Metro Boat Sales..they stunk as a dealer.  Not even sure Metro is still around on Lake St. Clair.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
    edited April 2014
    I am not 100% sure, but I dont believe so. I believe the Velgers family opened Hideaway (they still own & operate a small marina down the road too).

Metro Boat sales looks like they moved to Waterford and sell small inland lake stuff now.

edit: If my quick search is correct I think Wilson Marine opened in the old Metro building (which is literally right next to Hideaway).

The trailer will run me $5200.  I went with the loadmaster for a bit more $ because they custom build each trailer to the specs of the boat, they have more bunk pads, etc to distribute the weight evenly.  Small father and kids owned business and though I do not have the trailer yet, I have had nothing but great things to say about them so far.  

The  guys at hideaway have been awesome as well.  Bought the boat at the detroit boat show (if you went its the one that was there with chili red hull and black arch).  Is hideaway where you moor?
    Thats actually a pretty decent price for brand new. Aluminum or steel?

Its nice to support family businesses that put out a good product, which is the sense I get from Hideaway too.

I probably walked around on your boat the show, but dont worry I took my shoes off! I may have sat at the helm and made engine noises due to cabin fever! LOL

No, we dont moor at Hideaway, but may consider it in the future. We are at Island Cove just off North River rd in Harrison Twp. They have floating docks which are great getting on & off the boat with two crazy dogs.
    Yep they answered about 12,000 of my questions without complaint and within a few hours.  I pushed mine closer to the $6k mark with upgrading to mag wheels and the "rinker 276" graphic but without those options it was like $5200.  I attached a picture of a trailer they did for another 276 owner, I got the same mag wheels and graphic added onto mine.  You can pick any color you want for the paint.  They do offer an aluminum version but is $300 more and with this trailer never going to see salt water I did not find it necessary.

PS Thanks for taking off your shoes!
    sweet looking trailer!

PC BYC, Holland, MI
    Definitely agree there, I think you just sold me on it. I love that the bunks go right to the transom and the matching graphics is really nice.
    I did quite a bit of research before pulling the trigger on the loadmaster.  They had nothing but rave reviews.  Plus....I can go pick the trailer up personally and not pay to have it trucked here.  Downfall of not going with a mass produced is that there is a 4-6 week build time.  
    In response to an earlier request for a pic of the new boat and me not having the boat in my possession yet, I "stole" our picture from the hideaway website :)
    The arch looks great on the boat.  congrats!

PC BYC, Holland, MI
    Great lookin boat, congrats.

Here's one just like yours in the water last fall during the in-water show at Metro Beach.

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Very nice looking ride.......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

Dude I can't wait!  Thanks for the pic, that makes me want launch day to come even more!

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having a trailer with bunks that go to the end of the transom, or just past, is very inportant. There are huge point loads at the transom due to engine and drive weight and the stresses (normal) caused by downforces created by the engine with a drive hanging off the transom when the trailer 'bounces' during hauling. Bunks (much better than rollers) that end short of the transom cause significantly increased stress on the hull at that point. You are wise to ensure that the bunks cover your transom. As well bunks that fall short of the transom can (and often do) create a hook in the hull from point loads pushing down past and against the end of bunks.. :-) MT