Options

replacement carpet

I recently bought a 01 242 that's missing the snap in carpet. I was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction. Thanks I've been lurking for a while and learning a lot from the veterans very knowledgeable site thanks 

Comments

• Options
    golfdoggolfdog Member Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
     I agree with RinkerYan.
     I bought a replacement cockpit carpet from snapincarpet and am very satisfied.
     If your lucky they will have a pattern of your boat.  
    Jerry
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    Yes, I've used Snapincarpet as well with good luck.  You could also check locally just as a comparison.  I know others in my area that have had good results doing it that way as well.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    NicknightrodNicknightrod Member Posts: 2
    I contacted snap in carpet unfortunately no pattern so I'm sending them the measurements does anybody know what it usually cost for replace
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    Take your old to a local carpet store they do good work and your supporting your local economy I did and am very satisfied used marine carpet no rubber back it dries a lot quicker

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try Rinker. They might have the pattern for the boat.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2014
    You can use the old carpet or make a paper template. Snapincarpet is great to work with. If you go with them, get the grey backed carpet, not the black waffle backing.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Capt RonCapt Ron Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    I'm with Baby Boomer, go locally and bring your old carpet. Go with a high quality 100% Nylon and never look back... any carpet store worth their salt can cut and bind any carpet... going to boat stores usually has a marine cost to the carpet with mediocre carpets.