1991 Rinker 250 Vee

I have a Question about where the head takes in is water supply. I just purched this boat, the head has been removed and replaced with a porta pot. I see on the outside of the boat where the old head water intake is. I am look for where it in on the inside of the boat so I can make sure it has been caped off but i see no easy way to view it ..  Does any one know where I might look?

Answers

• rdk25rdk25 Member Posts: 9
    The intake for it is on the side of the wall near the head. The bath room is a fiber glass encloser. It look to me that I will have to take the wall out between the aft cabin and the bathroom to be able to see if there is a valve installed.
    When I shove a wire into it, it goes about 12 inches then stops.
  • rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    then your most likely hitting the closed sea valve or piping has been capped off...you still should have access to it...where ever that intake is, on the other side there is a valve or where there used to be one and there is access to it...it's deceiving sometimes when your looking on the out side of the boat figuring out where it is on the inside but it's there.
    Thanks for all the  replies. Yeasterday I took a better look. Itook out the lower cabnet in the bathroom. The line that runs from the step drian and the bathroom sink drain out of the thru hull fitting.  I have not had the boat in the water yet. this fitting looks like it would be below the water line sitting on the trailer. but now I think it must set above it.
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭

RDK, there are a few in and outs for the head. The raw water supply to the head should be via a through hull fitting below the water line. There has to be a valve on that fitting in case of emergency.

Then you will have the drain from the sink, which will go via a through haul fitting above the line and gravity drain to the outside.

Not sure if you have a shower pan (is that the step drain), but most times that gravitates to a small sump pump and pumps out to the waste tank.

Then you should have your pump out to the waste tank from your toilet.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"