Options

400 ec documentation

I just bought a 2008 400 EC and was looking for the manuals, spec sheets and documentation for the boat. Would anyone know where I could these relatively painlessly?

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the boat purchase and welcome to the board.  There are a few 390/400/410 owners on here to chime in.  There are a lot of manuals in the archives on here.  Aside from that, you're best bet is to search the manufacturer of the various parts for manuals.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    danielpage01danielpage01 Member Posts: 7
    496 Merc, gas.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    Welcome to the site Daniel! I have the exact same boat as yours. As mentioned, your best bet is to just get each online from the manufacturers. We've had the boat now for almost two years and love it! One thing to note is that at some point(if not already), you will have issues with the fuel pump/filters. They have paint on the inside that will come off and cause many issues. I won't go into more detail here, but do a search as there is info on this site as well as other places. The one manual that you will really need right away is mercruiser. I'll add that the engines require synthetic and do take more oil than the standard engine (like 8 quarts each). What drives do you have on the boat? I have the bravo 3s on mine.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    danielpage01danielpage01 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the info on the fuel filters, how does the problem manifest itself? What's the remedy? Also I have the. B3s as well.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    I meant to say my boat has bravo 2 drives, not the 3's. As far as the fuel filter, the inside of the fuel pump/filter cooler is actually painted. That paint will start to come off and clog the regulator and possibly make its way to the fuel injectors as well. Unfortunately Merc will not admit it as a problem. There is another problem as well that they did admit to. The water line that connects to the fuel cooler has a connection that corrodes and easily breaks off. I don't mean to scare you, just want to inform. As I sails, we love the boat, but this really gave us some real headaches, as well as another 400 owner on this forum as well.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    The 496 has developed a reputation as a quirky engine.  When everything is working at 100%, it's a fine powerplant, but it has a lot of sensors and computer-smarts that can complicate trouble-shooting of minor problems.  Mine (2007 370) still has one engine alarm issue that I never figured out last year.