Options

How to access the anchor rope locker

SanityCheckSanityCheck Member Posts: 25 ✭✭

Hey there,

Want to replace my anchor line but cannot find the access for the rope/rode locker.

Have a 2000 Fiesta Vee...dumb question I know but any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming you mean a FV270, look behind the V-berth mirror panel that's typically attached w Velcro.
    Welcome to the forum. Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options

Great I thought it might be back there.

Didn't see screws and was afraid to give it a good hard tug!

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that mirror is stuck on good with velcro but should come off with a good tug.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options

It's not on the mirror but a rounds twist off hatch behind the front cushion. There is no access behind mirror.... sorry I should have taken a picture.

The only way I can see to get in there would be to take the entire front cabin panel out.

• Options
    Really? Try taking a pic and posting. I thought it was standard on all Rinkers. You take off the mirror and that round twist off Hatch is behind it.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am fighting this battle also- I can get my mirror lose from the velcro and I see the removable inspection plate behind it, but, the trim is preventing the mirror from coming off....like the trim was put on after the mirror was installed. I have posted several times on the site and even sent a note to Rinker as it kind of winds me up that it looks like I will have to break the glass to get in there....my windlass is not working but I can't get at it to sort it out!
  • Options
    To be honest I don't think you will get at your windlass from that door anyhow. All that'd behind there is a big void where the road and change sit. I think the windlass is better accessed from the deck.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    The bolts for the windlass have nuts and washers that must be removed by the lankiest arm in the tribe by reaching up through the round hatch plate as far as possible. You'll also find a length of cable that feeds power to the windlass with barrel connectors that can be pulled down to the hole and re-spliced if needed.

It was one of the first projects after we bought our 270. Not as hard as it might seem and definately worth the trouble considering how nice a working windlass is to a captain.

Good luck, Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
  • Options
    I'll get back to that battle pretty quickly...the wiring is right there at the hole I can't get to and I can barley reach the nuts from the lower hole, if I get them off not sure I can get them back on! If I had the other access it would improve that reach by a good foot and I could make it happen....I may just have to break the glass and have another made slightly smaller so it will come out of there for future needs also...
  • Options
    Not sure what the problem is but there is only ONE round acess port behind the mirror to reach the winch mount and if you don't have a long arm to reach up inside to the winch nuts fugetaboutit. If you can't post a pic to show us the problem it's almost impossible to figure out what the issue is. I wouldn't break anything hoping for a better/another port up higher. You get what you get.

I assume you've tried everything else.
  • Options
    Tiki- I have two inspection covers in that area...one just below the glass and one right behind it. If I could get the glass off, it's all right there....
  • Options
    l-skynyrdl-skynyrd Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭

I had to replace the motor on my windless. I found that you can not remove the motor without removing the windless because of the wires on the motor will not come up the hole. I also found the bolts holding the windless to the boat were sawed off and left sharp with burrs on them. I think when I removed the nuts it straightened out the threads enough to get the nuts back on. And yes it is a long reach to get to the nuts, I could not get the mirror off and did everything thru the hole under the mirror. Maybe if I were younger it would have been easier.

Len

You have to love the water....

Len & Robyn   342 FV  Freebird

• Options
    BruceBruce Member Posts: 167 ✭✭
    Ras, for what it's worth, the "glass" in our 250 was plexiglass and it distorted the image (my wife called it a fun house mirror) so we replaced it with a piece of wood and a little mirror in a brass porthole. 
    2004 250 FV