Options

House Batteries - Question

2»

Comments

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the 12V circuit was actually 12 - 24V DC?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014

x

Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what if you have 2 batteries. Is it better to hook up on series, ie 24', or the way you are saying Micheal with + to +, - to -, and tie into the circuit via one wire from each battery.
    Do NOT connect them in series!!! You will fry a lot of electronic and electrical items on your boat if you send 24VDC thru them!
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not connecting them in series. Just learning a few things here

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    edited November 2014

x

• Options
    Capt RonCapt Ron Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    Many people use 6volt golf cart batteries and hook them up in series to get 12 volts. They claim they last longer on the hook than conventional batteries. Others used those huge truck batteries as their house which also last longer than conventional batteries. I have the conventional 31 case batteries that work find. They are hooked up in parallel from Rinker so I use them for two years then replace them on the third year. Never had and issue and I can buy those batteries cheaper than the others.
  • Options
    ATMATM Member Posts: 9
    MT Technically such circuit connection we refer to as Synchronous circuit (equally balanced connection) Smart contribution MT will be doing exactly the same on my 360, did you replace the negative cable? was it short? Just planning my homework.It would be great to update us on the weight distribution after launching your boat 
    GOOD LUCK :) ATM 
  • Options
    BruceBruce Member Posts: 167 ✭✭
    Michael, thanks for educating me on the proper way to wire batteries in parallel, I changed the way mine were wired. Goes to show you an old dog can learn new tricks! Thanks again

2004 250 FV 
  • Options
    edited November 2014

x