2001 340 Fiesta Vee Not Planning very well

Hello all, my family just bought a 2001 340 fiesta vee with horizon 350s and bravo 3s. I am very concerned about planing... When we first went out there were only 3 of us and I got the boat to plane out easily... Recently we had 8 people on board and regardless of me giving it full throttle, adjusting the trims and the bow up and down buttons, could not get it to plane... I've had the engines serviced and the drives... Has anyone else had this issue with that many people aboard?

Comments

• Thyme2unWineThyme2unWine Member Posts: 3
    bosslogo wrote:

Hello all, my family just bought a 2001 340 fiesta vee with horizon 350s and bravo 3s. I am very concerned about planing... When we first went out there were only 3 of us and I got the boat to plane out easily... Recently we had 8 people on board and regardless of me giving it full throttle, adjusting the trims and the bow up and down buttons, could not get it to plane... I've had the engines serviced and the drives... Has anyone else had this issue with that many people aboard?

How were the people distributed around the boat?  It works best if you get them to the front of the cockpit rather then in the stern.  Once you get on plan they can move around again.
  • MIKES342MIKES342 Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    If you had a full tank of gas and water along withfour people sitting in the aft seat you will have problems with almost any boat.  Generally just move some people around.  I had 6.2 with b3 and never had any problems with my 06 342.
  • InvictusInvictus Member Posts: 7
    I agree with the answers so far, and would also add you might notice a difference if trim tabs are up or down.  Usually tabs down to help get out of the hole more quickly, and then reduce tab (up) to limit drag on plane.