Options

Rev counter problem.

terrypageterrypage Member Posts: 165 ✭✭
Hi Folks, I have a 2006 270 with Volvo 5.7 motor. Yesterday whilst driving my first trip I noticed the Tac meter had stopped working. What should I look for first. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Terry

Best Answers

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Tap it. Yes, if it's a faria gauge it gets stuck. If you tap it, it comes back to life. Lol. The other fix is to install smart craft gauges, but that's a much more expensive option.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi Terry Maybe you should look for a loose connection on the back of the tach it could have come loose under that heavy water. By the way those Faria gauges are warranty for life but with a deductible or an exchange rate. Also not the best gauges around but good service from them. If you look at their website there is a bit of troubleshooting for the gauges Paul

Answers

• Options
    Cheers for that I did tap the glass but Hav'nt had the chance to investigate further. I just wondered if it was a common problem. I'm pleased with the boat but our first trip was under heavy water so perhaps something got dislodged?
  • Options
    Hi Paul, thanks I will check for wire connections on Thursday (my next free time) . My first excursion was exciting I can see why Rinker's are so popular, the UK are missing out Rinker should advertise here. Spake soon. Terry