Options

Safe code

EDWINCEDWINC Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
I just purchased a 2011 310 EC and it has a safe. I asked the previous owner the code and he didn't know he had a safe. Does anyone know the code to open the safe for the first time .
Sincerely Edwin C

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the brand of safe that Rinker uses? I am wanting to add a safe to my boat, and I liked the OEM one because it is stainless steel.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Capt RonCapt Ron Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    The safe is made by Isotherm by Indel Marine. The product number in my boat is Safe 10/30ES
  • Options
    thank you for your answer i will looked in the bag and no key.  let me check again , if i don't find it i will call the manufacturer. 
    Sincerely Edwin C
  • Options
    Capt Ron said:
    The safe is made by Isotherm by Indel Marine. The product number in my boat is Safe 10/30ES<script charset="UTF-8" src="chrome://hdv/content/hdv.js" type="application/javascript"></script>
    Thanks!!!
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    yeah those codes did not work.. @alswagg.    i contacted the company that sells the safes and hopefully they send me the right key. for $15.oo 
    Sincerely Edwin C
  • Options
    HamdogHamdog Member Posts: 247 ✭✭
    I have a safe on my 342 but never knew the code. I tried 0342# and she opened right up!! Thanks for the info Alswagg.
    "Wetted" Bliss 2005 Rinker 342 - Black Hull - Twin Mercruiser 350 Mags - BIII's
  • Options
    The Main ExchangeThe Main Exchange Member Posts: 280 ✭✭✭

Where would a safe be located on a 280EC?

2007 300 EC, 350 Mags, B3's, Table Rock Lake, MO

• Options
    In the cabinet below the TV on the 280EC.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    The Main ExchangeThe Main Exchange Member Posts: 280 ✭✭✭
    Thank you Greg I may look into installing one.

2007 300 EC, 350 Mags, B3's, Table Rock Lake, MO

• Options
    I am planning on doing the same, but the price tag for the isotherm one has me holding back...
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    I can't say I've used mine very much. I've tried to hear and there but figure if someone is gonna get into my cabin, they'll take other stuff anyhow (maybe the boat). But, I should try using it more again.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    My reasoning for adding one is when I tie to a public wharf or dock and I want to lock up some extra cash, cell phone, ipad, hot spot, ect. But I agree with you DI, if they get into the cabin, they will take others stuff.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    I agree Greg.  I've used mine in spurts.  I guess I don't tie up at as many public docks (usually dink in), but I do transient to a few different marinas.  Always good to make it a bit harder to easily obtain the more $ stuff.

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If someone wants in, my plan is make it easy so they don't trash it more than needed.  I rarely lock my cabin door for that reason.  I try not to leave much personal valuables on board either.  By the time I get the bedding on the aft cushions, getting to the safe would be more of a pain than it's worth though. lol

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Under the aft cushion?  yeah, I don't think I'd ever use it if mine were there either.  Heck, mine is in the salon under the breakers/stereo area in a cabinet, easy access, but I still don't use it.  I've locked my cabin enough times to count on one hand.  Not much on my boat that is valuable either...Heck, if you took a cushion from the cockpit, I'd be spending more money than anything you'd get is worth!  LOL!

• Options
    MalloyMalloy Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Where is the factory location of the safe in the 310 ec?  Do you have a pic?