Options

What is this for?

EDWINCEDWINC Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
does anyone know what the small speaker is for?  i still can't figure it out. 
Sincerely Edwin C

Comments

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow Nice boat. What speaker? The 6" one by the throttle on the wall? Uh, maybe for the stereo in the cabin so you can jam on some tropical rhythm down there in gulf stream??
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    It is used for your VHF. At least it those on my 300 express 2007 Paul
  • Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    Vhf. Turn it on and turn up the volume on the weather channel to sample sound. You will hear it loud and clear ant any speed.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Ed, it was for the VHF on  my 2013 EC 310. Great lookin' 310 you have - I like the black helm and you got Axius as well, which means Mercruisers too! Yeah, brother you have a great rig! MT
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    Awesome looking ride. Best of luck.......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Thanks for your response but it's not for the VHF . Thanks for the compliments as we'll
    Sincerely Edwin C
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously you have tried the stereo. Could it be a drift alarm speaker for your GPS? If no to both, get out the screw driver and take it off - then let us know what you found - pls. MT
  • Options
    What's a drift alarm?
    Sincerely Edwin C
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    i think by drift alarm, he means if you drift out of a certain circumference in an anchorage, it would go off.  My guess is maybe it's a high water alarm.  You may have a sensor in your bilge that if the water gets to a certain point, a high water alarm would go off.  Could be connected to a higher mounted bilge pump as well.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    dropoutdropout Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭

Are you talking about the small black one, located next to the stereo speaker? Is there any brand writing on it (Xintex)? Could it be the fume detector: I did not see one on the dash.

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crank up some Gloria Estefon and mess with the balance and fade controls on your cabin stereo. Everybody will be dancing in the sun having fun before you know what hit the helm. I'm swayin to the beat just thinkin about it...

If it's the 6"white speaker and it won't work do what RY said and get another one, or try moving one that does work to test the wiring.

With the VHF right in the dash pointed at the captain I doubt it's a vhf speaker. If it's the tiny one to the rt of the big white one then I'm with dropout on the xintex fume sniffer horn.
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    OldDogNewTrixOldDogNewTrix Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    The small 3" diameter black one? I think I have that same one and it's for the high water alarm, although it,s never gone off, thankfully.
    Wayne '09 340 EC
  • Options
    Yes that's what it is the high water alarm. Thank you for all ur comments
    Sincerely Edwin C
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    Alright!  another mystery solved! :)>-

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express