Options

Cockpit chart holder

golfdoggolfdog Member Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
Hello All,
 I have a 2003 342 and on the port side dash there is what appears to be a chart holder. I've been looking for laminated chart of Lake Ontario to fit the space but can't find a chart of that size. Just wondering what everyone keeps in this space if anything at all.
Jerry

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey GD, I haven't had a chance to measure the deph of the chart holder in my new 360 (which should be about the same as your 342) but on my 2013 EC310 we kept a chart book called PORTS - which is a cruising guide with 380 pages full of charts for the St.Lawrence and the Great Lakes. I hope you're not telling me that the chart holder in my 360 is gonna be about 1/2" in depth, 'cause if it is I'm scre*ed. :-(  MT
  • Options
    golfdoggolfdog Member Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    MT, there is plenty of depth for a cruising book or a Richardson chart book. I was just looking for something simple and water proof. I figured a full Lake Ontario chart that's laminated  would look good. I could put a chart book in there, just afraid it may get wet.
    Jerry
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    The charts wont get wet but the sun dries them out and they fade..........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Jerry, we had our big charts laminated for a couple of bucks, then we just folded them in two or four to make them fit in different places (shelf under helm etc.) MT
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mine on the 270 just seems to collect water...I'm thinking of adding a couple gold fish
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Not being picky, and everyone being entitled to their opinion,  but who is SFTriton and for my education, why would my comment about laminating charts be termed "off topic"? Trying to be good :-)  MT ....wait a minute I bet I know who SFTriton is - it's one of those Sea Ray or Cruisers owners that I made cry by letting them onto my RINKER - cry away buddy and have another drink. ha ha!
  • Options
    SFTritonSFTriton Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Hey MT, I'm SFTriton on this site Brad Bowers.  I didn't mark anything off topic of that is what you are referring to.  I'm not sure I know how.  Maybe something happened with the site and my ID?  Take Care.. Brad
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Brad, SFTriton. Welcome aboard..... really.

You probably just misplaced your cursor by one spot to the left under MTs comment on 4/6/14 and hit the "off topic" icon when trying to click the "insightful" tag on MTs awesome idea. Easily undone by you clicking another choice.

Now MT......apologize for calling him a Sea Ray guy (a pretty low blow) and be your normally nice self.... He didn't mean anything by mistakenly calling your idea off topic, I've seen some typos that you've (typo on purpoise) made, and we're glad to have new guys show up that can share cool stuff too.   /:)   /:)  :D

Boy, you guys and your ice boat cabin fever. I'd be a little cranky too if I had a spankin new boat just waiting for the ice to break.
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    SFTritonSFTriton Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Ah, that might have been it thanks.  Agree it's easy to make Sea Ray owners cry!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I thought that was what happened and was just having some fun - REALLY. But - Tiki , you're right - I should reserve Sea Ray Owner for the really bad stuff. No foul SF. :-) MT  BTW Tiki - you want to know what cabin fever really is? Try this one on - it was 28C  degrees (above) here yesterday. This morning it started snowing and will drop to -8 tonight. I wish Mother Nature would get back on her anti-schizophrenic meds! (Just kidding Mother Nature) Oh cr*p, I did it, another 30 days of snow for our area - Really, MN I was just kidding!
  • Options
    dropoutdropout Member Posts: 138 ✭✭✭

2005 Rinker 300

I actually took the plexi glass off of mine and its a better usable space without the plexi on it.

Is the plexi glass safe to step on?

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought my idea for goldfish was the better idea....