Options

Hi all, Noob questions about a 266 Fiesta Vee...

Hi guys,

Proud new owner of a 1997 266 Fiesta Vee.  :-) 

The place that we bought the boat from wasn't sure if there was an hour meter on it anywhere...  at least, not one we could locate.  Any thoughts as to where we might find it?  Also, the boat didn't come with a single page of literature with her.  Any direction for finding the applicable info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Matt
~ 1998 266 Fiesta Vee 7.4 B3 ~ Salt Lake City, Utah ~

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard!

I doubt that it has an hour meter. I read somewhere that a code reader can read the hours on a Thunderbolt V ignition, but that needs to be verified.  My 1998 232 doesn't have an hour meter either.

The owners manual is on the forum at the top of the page.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    51719435171943 Member Posts: 12 ✭✭

No engine hour meter on the 266, Easy to install one I put my meter in the engine space near my batteries.
  • Options
    BoatAwayBoatAway Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭

Rinker didn't start including hour meters on all their boats as standard equipment until 2000. source: Rinker

• Options
    jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭

I have a 2000 FV 242, and I can't find an hour meter, any idea where it would be?

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jhofmann said:

I have a 2000 FV 242, and I can't find an hour meter, any idea where it would be?

Your boat may have been built in 1999, so it might not have the hour meter.

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 2001 242 FV doesn't have one either 

2008 330EC
  • Options
    cvmamartycvmamarty Member Posts: 23 ✭✭

My 02 242 FV doesn't have an hour meter I had one put in when I had to have a new reman eng  they mounted right under the speaker next to the throttle just make sure they hook it up to run only when the eng runs. On my they had it hooked up to run while in the Accessory side of the switch