x

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2014 in Engine Discussions

x

Post edited by Michael T on

Comments

• Options
    OldDogNewTrixOldDogNewTrix Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    Wow, that's completely different than the original version. Did you get the sensors for waste and water tank gauges on the VV? I know it's an option on ours and have been wondering what would be involved to add them on.
    Wayne '09 340 EC
  • Options
    edited November 2014

x

• Options
    jaubryjaubry Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
    MT, I just had this unit installed on my 330. Had Rinker make a new dash and removed all the analogue gauges. Cleans up the helm. I have been studing the user manual and looking forward to using this new technology. I also added the Raymarine e7 and connected it to the VV via NMEA 2000. So, this will be interesting use of the features on both units.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

x

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Looks fantastic!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    MT, Thanks for the kinds words. I am docked at the Hull Marina across from the Ottawa Locks. We take our extended trips either up the canal to Merrickville/Westport or to Montreal. Other than that it's up the river. Lots to explore in these parts. Once I get then E7 in ill post pictures.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

x

• Options
    unikguyunikguy Member Posts: 36 ✭✭

hello, I have the old version, the vessel view, on my 2013 360ec with axius, are the connections the same in the back? is it as simple as removing the old one and installing the new one? or do the connections have to be replaced also?

thanks

sam m

• Options
    edited November 2014

x

• Options
    unikguyunikguy Member Posts: 36 ✭✭

hello Michael. Thank-you. But I think I should of stayed longer in Miami. weather is still cold here. have you put your boat in the water yet.mine is going in april 30. but its still cold.

I have been waxing my boat the past couple of days. I wax it in the fall and in the spring. still has the original shine.

I am sure you are looking forward to launching your boat. you will love it, just as I have mine. great boat especially with those 8.2l, wow. I remember the first test run we did with dealer we hit 49.7 miles an hour, but obviously empty and just for a few seconds. I was thrilled to see that performance.

but with the bottom barrier and anti-fouling, I lost  approx. 2.5 miles an hour.

keep in touch

sam

• Options
    EDWINCEDWINC Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Hello I have a 2011 310ec with Faria Gage's. Do I need smartcraft for vessel view or just vesselview is enough
    Sincerely Edwin C
  • Options
    You should have DTS. If you do, then VV can be installed. There are Harnesses all the way up to the throttles and likely into the helm dash. (Mine was done this way) this is where you plug the VV into harness. We had to install analogue to digital converter for the fuel tank sending units to get them to work. I kept the original depth finder as a back up and added a second one for the VV. I also had Rinker make a new dash with the cutout for the VV. Hope this helps. Johnny
  • Options
    Mine is mpi
    Sincerely Edwin C
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I have mpi with a 350 mag mercruiser
    Sincerely Edwin C
  • Options
    Check with the dealer, however, in 2008 Rinker began to use digital throttle system (DTS). And in 2011 the VV was an option. I suspect your boat is predicted as my 2008 was. This simplifies the process and greatly reduces the cost.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

x

• Options
    OldDogNewTrixOldDogNewTrix Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    Another shiny black one all ready for launch. How were the water levels, were the docks above water. I sure hope we'll be launched next week!
    Wayne '09 340 EC
  • Options
    edited November 2014

x