Options

For Rinker: Advice on How To Remove Seat on 2002 342

ME207ME207 Member Posts: 10
I'm looking for some tips on how best to remove the helm seat.  I originally thought it would be as simple as removing the screws/bolts holding it in place, but getting to those is another story.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    jasonpoejasonpoe Member Posts: 7
    How did you go in removale in the end? i have a similar problem, im thinking fridge removal to get under neath
  • Options
    CrewLoungeCrewLounge Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    I removed the cockpit refrigerator. Easy to get to. Btw, the screws were double nutted
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    OK, I know this post is old but I was able to figure out how to remove the seat on my 05 342 and figured I'd just pass it along. I would imagine it's pretty much the same for all 342's, 350's and possibly some 360's.

Removing the cushions themselves is pretty easy, just unbolt and pull off. Back cushions are held with velcro. I had to remove the whole assembly because I had some screws loosen up that I couldn't get to. In order to do that, look underneath the seat, there is a storage compartment. On the Stbd & Port inside of that compartment there are access doors that you need to remove. Once those doors are removed, you have access to the rail nuts. Two nuts on each side and the whole assembly lifts off.

Hope this helps someone.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Dan was that square hole there the whole time?  I've had to get to that area to run wires and ended up removing the sub-woofer to the left of that spot.  I also found that pulling out the trash can in the wet bar got me in the same neighborhood.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct Stodge
  • Options
    bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    Their r no access doors on my 2002 342.
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Options
    @Stodge The access panels were there the whole time. There is a plate there with 4 screws that cover it up. I never noticed them until this weekend while I was trying to remove the seat.
    I've also removed the sub-woofer and trash can....heck I've even removed the ice maker to get in there!!!
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    When I saw the photo with that hole under the seat I thought to myself "why cut a whole there so close to the hole to the sub-woofer?".  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    You would not be able to get to the back bolts (nuts) of the seat rails going through the sub-woofer.