Options

97 Rinker Captiva 232 Cuddy

Good afternoon everyone. I just bought a 97 Rinker Captive 232 Cuddy, can't wait to get it out on the water. I do see that it needs a new gas cap. Any recommendations? I would like to put a stainless steel one on if possible. 

It also has a 192khz thru hull transducer (no depth finder). Not sure if it works, but does anyone know of a depth finder that will work with that Transducer? It seems the original was a Lowrance 3500 but they are long gong. 

Love to hear your suggestions?

Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    BruceBruce Member Posts: 167 ✭✭
    Congratulations on the new boat, and welcome to the forum. If you haven't already you may want to try looking at Overtons for your fuel fill cap.       http://www.overtons.com/search/fuel fill  
    Sorry I'm no help with your transducer.
     Best of luck
    2004 250 FV 
  • Options
    pvantienenpvantienen Member Posts: 19
    Thanks, much appreciated Bruce. 

• Options
    So it looks like the existing transducer is pretty much useless, can't seem to find any depth finders that use that frequency. So.....
    Anyone have any experience replacing the thru-hull transducer? Should I replace it, or leave it where it lays and put a new shoot through or transom one in? I would love to use the existing space to keep it clean. 
    Thoughts?

Good afternoon everyone. I just bought a 97 Rinker Captive 232 Cuddy, can't wait to get it out on the water. I do see that it needs a new gas cap. Any recommendations? I would like to put a stainless steel one on if possible. 

It also has a 192khz thru hull transducer (no depth finder). Not sure if it works, but does anyone know of a depth finder that will work with that Transducer? It seems the original was a Lowrance 3500 but they are long gong. 

Love to hear your suggestions?

Cheers.

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it has a stainless one, it is a Perko angled neck Model 0540.

http://www.perko.com/catalog/category/fills_and_vents/product/864/

That is what is used on the 1998 232cc.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Ok, thanks. I will just have to confirm it fits mine. How much you want for it?
  • Options
    partlowrpartlowr Member Posts: 119 ✭✭

Rather than starting a new thread I figured I would just ask my question on this thread. I own a 96 232 and need a new gas cap. Does anyone know what size I need? Rather than ordering an OEM plastic cap I would like to upgrade to something stainless or chrome. My boat is wrapped and in storage right now so I do not have access to measure the old cap set-up without tearing open my shrink wrap. I would like to get the new cap ordered now with a big order I am placing with Overton's this week, rather than waiting until I unwrap the boat to measure the old one. It appears they make caps for 1.5" and 2.0" hoses, it appears the 1.5" are far more common but I just want to make sure before I order mine. Thanks in advance.

• Options
    partlowrpartlowr Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
    If it has a stainless one, it is a Perko angled neck Model 0540.

http://www.perko.com/catalog/category/fills_and_vents/product/864/

That is what is used on the 1998 232cc.

Can anyone confirm if my 1996 232 uses the same angled neck as the 1998 232?