Options

280 EC Rear locker and exterior fuel line

Hello,

I have 2 questions. Does anyone know what size outboard will fit in a 2007 280 EC rear locker? We currently have a 2010 2.5 Merc 4 stroke and it doesn't as the engine is too wide.

Second question, does anyone else have a fuel line coming out of the rear starboard side of the boat? Its looks to have an outboard disconnect engine fitting but no other brackets on the swim platform. I attached a photo.

Thank you

2007 300 EC, 350 Mags, B3's, Table Rock Lake, MO

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd take a look at a torqueedo.

That looks more like a drain than a fuel line.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    The Main ExchangeThe Main Exchange Member Posts: 280 ✭✭✭
    It even has the primer bulb?

• Options
    gslprogslpro Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    I am guessing you bought the boat used.  My guess is that original owner had it going to a generator, like a honda 2000.  That is the only this that would make any sense to me at all. But, of course, it would also have to mean you don't have a generator built into the boat.  Other than that, no idea.  You wouldn't put a troller on a 280...heheh.
    Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie
  • Options
    Yeah we have a built in Kohler generator, quite the mystery!

• Options
    BruceBruce Member Posts: 167 ✭✭
    Looks like you have dinghy davits, could the hose possibly be to fuel up a small outboard with a built in fuel tank?
    2004 250 FV 
  • Options

I guess it could be Bruce, just never seen this on another boat.

• Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    Wow a local! I am in gig harbor. Less than a hand-full of us Rinkers in the nw. My concern is the location of the fuel line so close to the 110. To easy to arch power if not careful. I'd get that thing off and get rid of the line to it. My opinion that's its trouble just waiting for an opportunity. Your insurance company may not like it either....

Replace the line with freshwater quick release to your engine so you can rinse the salt from your manifolds and risers. Your engine should be equipped with the filling.

I think salt shaker has this function....?
    Ps if you are ever south sound let me know.... Mark

LG
  • Options

Hey Mark,

Can you send me some details on that fitting location. Do you have Neutrasalt on yours?

• Options
    Richard

Yes i have NS on both VP engines. On the side of each engine is a hose with a blue cap and plug. Thats is where you hook your dock hose and run fresh water thru the system. The idea is to extend a hose from that blue connector to a Quick release on your transom. Hence easy fast rinse! Just be sure every thing is sealed tight when running. A air vaccum leak will over heat your engine. As long as eveything is capped tight you are good to go. Concerning the larger outboard motor. If you search this site I posted a couple years back how I mounted my 9.9 on the transom. Works great. Weaver moto-bracket.

So you asked about Nsalt.... that leads me to ask you if your engine is an osi? Meaning also composite drives?
  • Options

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the advice I will take a look this weekend. I also was looking at the weaver system today and will probably go with that, save a lot of hassle. We have a 8.1 Volvo and the boat had a composite drive until last year. The drive blew so now we have a new OceanX that was fitted last May, the previous owner installed a new drive so we are lucky!! The boat performs well with WOT approx. 42+mph and a nice cruise at 30 mph.

Rich

• Options
    Great news on the oceanx! I did the swap 3 years ago and never looked back.