Options

Is my forward bilge connected to my engine bilge?

Does anyone know if the forward bilge in the 250 Fiesta Vee connects and drains into the engine bilge?

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    Not sure about the 250 in particular, but in general, the two bilges are not connected. For safety, there should be no direct path for fumes or bilge water to move between the engine room and the cabin.
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    edited April 2014
    No on my 270 they are on the same manual switch but work independently off of the float switch
    Post edited by Babyboomer on

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    2007_250FiestaVee2007_250FiestaVee Member Posts: 8
    Thank you LaRea!  A friend with a slightly smaller Bayliner was surprised when I told him that I didn't think the bilges on my boat were connected because water from the front bilge didn't seem to be moving through any sort of channel to the engine room but rather was being pumped out separately.  He seemed to think that most boats have a connection between the two.  I was about to start pocking around, so thank you for saving me the trouble.
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    On mine the AC goes to the shower sump which the float switch is always broke so I just run my AC to the center bilge we never use the shower anyway on newer models the AC dumps to the rear bilge. Even though I know the center bilge float is OK it still accumulates quite a bit of water before it cycles so I make it a habit to manual run the blige every morning when I come out of the cabin. Believe me that shower sump float switch is a **** to change I rather do a Bravo Impeller any day than to change that thing. 

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn