Options

Short video of the first outting of my 1990 Rinker 236

EddiePAEddiePA Member Posts: 12
edited April 2014 in Rinker Sport Boat Forum

Picker her up in the middle of winter and finally got the chance to take the maiden voyage today. She runs great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNOTjuglrIc

1990 Rinker 236CC 454

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicely trimmed-out Eddie, sounds healthy - moves fast. Go Rinker MT
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Thanks! Had her to 60mph on GPS today with a full tank of gas and 3 adults aboard and a couple hundred rpm in the bank. Very happy with her so far!
    1990 Rinker 236CC 454
  • Options
    edited November 2014

x

Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    The 236 has a 454 in it, though I'm not sure if it's a magnum or not. Currently running a Mirage 23p prop. So far no chine walk yet. She was very stable at 60mph. Previous owner has had it to 62mph with 4 people in it before his wife started to complain to slow down. :)) I have a low drag nose cone for the out drive I may try, but I'm not sure how much it will help for 60-65mph boat. I've heard they are most effective at 80+mph.

A 190 with 390hp sounds like fun! I would have loved to see the look on the Baja owners faces! =))
    1990 Rinker 236CC 454
  • Options
    edited November 2014

x

• Options

I've read the nose cones can be a pain to install correctly and also of the maintenance afterwards. If it weren't for the previous owner giving me the nose cone when I took delivery of the boat, I wouldn't even be considering it. Since I have it, it's been on my mind, but by no means a necessity. It very well may stay in the box it's in and never make it on the boat. We'll see...

I never knew about the drive shower before. Thanks for the info! I'll definitely look into it. Does it cause any noticeable drag or lose of speed?

Yes, the boat has a thru hull, side exit Corsa exhaust with silent choice. During the fly by in the video, the exhaust was open. I closed it at 1:10 in the video so I could pick my buddy up who was filming. Didn't want to make too much noise near the dock. Stock exhaust manifolds for now.

Would stainless headers make much of a difference over the stock headers with a stock 454 or would it mostly be just a drop in weight?

1990 Rinker 236CC 454
  • Options
    edited November 2014

x

• Options
    Great, thanks for the info! :-bd
    1990 Rinker 236CC 454
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Boat sounds GREAT!

MT would you ever suggest a drive shower for a regular speed cruiser? I've never had any chalky residue, but I plan on some longer distance cruises this year and curious if its worth it.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    I have an in cockpit video, but for some reason I can't get it to imbed. :-/
    1990 Rinker 236CC 454
  • Options
    edited November 2014

x

• Options
    Jbt21479Jbt21479 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Sounds great! 
  • Options
    midwestemidweste Member Posts: 135 ✭✭
    Nice video. Your boat sounds great!!!! 

2000 180 Bowrider, 135hp 3.0L Merc, 2.00 Alpha One Gen 2 OD, 14.5 x 19P prop

Regular weekender, trailer stored indoors, Southern Ohio  

• Options
    BruceBruce Member Posts: 167 ✭✭
    MT I can't find any drive showers made for Volvo Penta's, do you know if that's just because they are typically not used in race applications, or are they a cooler running unit and don't require them?  Just curious because after reading what you wrote about them, I thought it sounded like a good idea to add to my boat 
    2004 250 FV 
  • Options
    edited November 2014

x

• Options
    BruceBruce Member Posts: 167 ✭✭
    MT, once again thanks for the advice, I will look into it.
     Bruce
    2004 250 FV 
  • Options
    Jbt21479Jbt21479 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Very nice! I miss having a big block. I probably miss the sound more than anything!
  • Options
    bbender785bbender785 Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2014
    real cool, this is my first summer with my 502 MPI powered '92, been a riot so far.  this was last weekend:

http://vid154.photobucket.com/albums/s248/bbender85/Boat/IMG_3407.mp4

trimmed up after the video and she really moved out.