Options

Boat Haulers

jmoen438jmoen438 Member Posts: 98 ✭✭✭
Anyone got info on reputable boat haulers that would haul a 28ft cruiser from Florida to Maine?

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would ask at your local marinas and even boat dealers. Make sure you have insurance coverage for the trip too.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    I've used http://www.coasttocoasttransport.net/index.html and was extremely happy. He took personnel care when delivering my boat and called me personally while transporting to let me know he would make it in time before memorial day weekend (was pushing it with time and not allowed to drive a wide load with front and back vehicles on fri before holiday). He is a one truck owner that lives in NC. It is his life and business. He was very courteous on both ends picking up and dropping off. I was very concerned on pick up side but he made sure things were perfect for travel and didn't leave anything behind. He also had to wait on my marina at drop off cause it was fri before holiday and I was low on their priority.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    I will get you the guys name by tomorrow or Monday.  Hauled the Salt Shaker from Titusville to Snead Island (near Bradenton)  This guy is very good in my opinion.  He lives north of Clearwater. (Tarpon Springs, maybe).

Tony
    Salt Shaker 342
  • Options
    D_I's guy sounds just as good as the one that I liked.  If you have both names, it will come down to logistics as to which one to use.

Tony
  • Options
    If I knew how to post an AVCHD video, I have a couple of them that is of the boat move.

Tony
  • Options
  • Options
    JM, I thought I had Tom Wagners business card in the pile of stuff on the right side of my desk.  No can find.  Tomorrow I will call Westland Marina in Titusville to get the info for you.

Getting old sucks!

Tony
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If its for you. Call me about the details. Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options

T J Wagner Boat Transportation

17106 Target Way, Odessa, FL 33556
    (321) 632-1321
    Good guy to haul boats.
    Tony
  • Options
    Thanks Tony. Mike, it's for my Brother in law, he may have found a 05 Four Winns
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was just one of those spontaneous/irrational thoughts about how to get back to Maine and do it with a boat behind the truck. I actually have the truck and trailer, but not the time to drive 3000mi r/t.  I humbly defer to the guys who spend their life rolling down the hwy. Hope it works out and let me know if I can help in your search. Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl