Options

carpet

Looking for replacement carpet for a 2005 282 rinker captiva...snap in grey

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get the grey backing too, not the black waffle stuff.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    ozark6662ozark6662 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    Agreed...the black stuff is peeling off...only reason I need new carpet...otherwise it is fine. Any other alternatives?
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other than making your own pattern, have a carpet shop cut and bind it. It has been done. I used them and 100% happy.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Putting a call into local carpet store...thank u
  • Options
    PairADicePairADice Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    I just had the local carpet store do mine. it was 12x5 roughly and i picked the carpet (indoor/outdoor berber) and of course binded, it was 3 pieces and it cost me $300. Ill post pics when i pick it up tomorrow!
  • Options
  • Options
    Does anyone know of a spray or application to prevent black backing from peeling off. If there is such a product I would be interested...rest of carpet is in good shape other than backing...otherwise...going to local carpet store
  • Options
    rinker312rinker312 Member Posts: 255 ✭✭
    Several years ago I was experimenting with making my own replacement canvas. For the eisenglass I used cheap thin clear vinyl from somewhere like Joann's fabrics. I had tons left over. My carpet was having the same problem as yours. The worst part about it was that the black stuff would stick to the floor of the boat and if you took out the carpets it looked terrible and took hours of scrubbing to get it off. For the **** of it I took this cheap vinyl and cut a piece to match one of my carpets and cut out the snap holes. I then used some sort of silicone adhesive and ran a few lines of it between the vinyl and carpet. It seemed to work so I did them all I have been using my carpets for at least 3 years since I have done this. You can't tell the vinyl. Is under there and the black stuff doesnt stick to the floor anymore. I still get some black dust that comes out from between the vinyl and the carpet but it is not really an issue and doesn't stick to anything. Every year I just pressure wash them and they still look good

2004 Rinker 312, 5.0 Merc's, Bravo III, Lake Wheeler, AL

• Options
    rmrstlmormrstlmo Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    I applied a backing product about a year ago.  Haven't had any flaking since.  My carpets were in pretty good shape otherwise.

Ray

2006 390

Previous 2000 340

• Options
    PairADicePairADice Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    picked up my new snap in!  the darker is the new carpet
  • Options
    LakeOzLakeOz Member Posts: 8

ozark6662-

I just had my 350 done by Moss here in Tulsa.  I took them my old carpets and they did everything, including the snaps.  They are using the new gray backing, not the old black stuff that disintergrates.

• Options
    LakeOzLakeOz Member Posts: 8

Here's the contact information for Moss -

E 49th St & S Peoria Ave, Tulsa, OK 74105
    (918) 742-3326

I should have said that the owner (Jodi) has a Rinker on Grand Lake so she keeps a lot of Rinker materials in stock - carpeting, seat covers, bow cushion covers, etc.
  • Options

Spoke to local carpet store, they can cut out to match and have bound, once I pic out a color.  I will post pics once complete.  Thanks for input on various options.