Putting a table on pedestals

Has anyone had a table made for their 270 transom seat on pedestals? 

Comments

• OldDogNewTrixOldDogNewTrix Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    Here's the one I made for our 340. It sits on the one pedestal and then one of the folding table legs at the other end.
    Wayne '09 340 EC
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Wayne, now I know where to go for that custom look - awesome - what talent! MT
  • PairADicePairADice Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    Wow, looks great! thanks for the info. 
  • TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VERY nice work. I'd love to upgrade from the plastic tray/table that came stock in our 270. Yet another task on the upgrade list :D
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
    New name plate to be recessed into the new table
  • DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    Here's the one I made for our 340. It sits on the one pedestal and then one of the folding table legs at the other end.
    That's pretty awesome.....could you share the basic steps you followed???
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • OldDogNewTrixOldDogNewTrix Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    It's made out of 5/4 x 4" cherry wood. The finished thickness is a full 1". Had a local shop laminate it. Cut the angle to be parallel with the entertainment countertop across the walk through, rounded all 5 corners and then used a 1/2 " rounded router bit top and bottom all around. For finishing, I masked the inside off and then applied 2 coats of marine varnish to the outer edge. Once dried, I then masked the varnished edge and stained the inner section a with a cherry stain. I also did the same procedure for the logo, printed on vinyl instead of masking tape. I then put about 6-8 coats of a satin marine varnish on both sides. It has held up fine with the varied temps over the past 2 seasons. I purchased another pedestal table base and mounted it so that the table is centred in the opening. The other end has a folding swing up table leg but it's only there in case some was to try standing on it or doing something else foolish. :)
    Wayne '09 340 EC
  • Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

PairADice-

Really nice inscription plate. What is it made of? It looks like laser engraved glass, backpainted and gold leaf gilding? Or is it plastic, backpainted and imitation leaf? Where was it made?

Glassguy, Thankyou! its going to be inset of my new table.. Indeed it is engraved. I went to the local trophy shop and picked it out. It is a high polished brass plate with a black overlay and real golf leaf edging.