T.V. Installation - Rinker 260ec 2009

mareenivillemareeniville Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
I have just purchased a19 in' dc tv and before I install it I was wondering if anyone has had problems with where they mount the unit on that door. Is all the wiring to do this install,is it in behind there somewhere ? Also in the engine compartment is there wires for an easy installation their too? Thank you for the help :)

Comments

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a 2011 260EC.  All the wiring is in the cabinet  behind the head in the cabin.  The pizza dish antenna is connected by cable to a signal amplifier (black box) which is inside this cabinet, just pop the door on the side of the cabinet (side facing bow).  The cable from the TV needs to plug into this black box.  My TV is mounted directly onto the door, with an appropriate backing/securing device.

As far as the second TV is installed, I don't think there's anything run as far back as the engine compartment.  There might be a cable next to the aircon in the aft cabin, as I believe it is an option to install a TV where that cavity to the right of the AC is.

Have fun.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• jkleinjklein Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
    Hi Mark
    Thanks for the info.  Im considering a similar installation for this season.  I have a 2006 Rinker 250EC with NO radar arch.

On the bow side of the cabinet I see what looks like a mounting square, the cabinet door that opens and a 12V cigarette lighter.

Inside the cabinet is a small black box and (I believe) 2 additional wires.

My question is where does power come from?  Is it just 12V or does the boat have an inverter (I don't have a genset)?  Are those wires pre-wired for an antenna and where would it be/go if there is no radar arch?

Thanks for your information and expertise.
    You need to take a picture and post here. The black box works off 12v from the battery from what I recall. I get my boat back from storage next week so I can confirm.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• mareenivillemareeniville Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited May 2014
    I'm trying to locate those wires and that 12v "cigarette" plug in but to no avail. Inside that cubbie I did take the panel off the starboard side looked down and saw all the wires for the radar arch (which i do not have). Don't know if those wires are the right ones to plug this tv in. I do have two 12v plugins. One is in the dash and one is in the cabin on the port side. Really don't want to use those plugins if I can. And thank you all for your help:)
    Can you take a picture? Do you see the black box with the two coax cables plugged in?

"Boat + Water = Fun"

No black box.. Took the backing off the cabinet and I have cable wire that are labeled as follows: (two wires that are taped together labeled STBD and PORT. The next taped group are Antenna,Arch and a black and orange wire with a blue squeeze connector at the end. I have one cable by itself that labeled Main.
    This photo is in the cabinet below the tv cabinet. The next photo if it works,will be in back of the t.v.
    Do you have a dish about 10" diameter on your radar arch? If so, do you know where the coax cable coming from that dish is going to?

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The port and starboard are the inputs from the shore choice. The arch wire should go up to where the arch would have attached to the boat if you had one. The main goes somewhere in the cabin. You probably don't have the booster amp because the boat didn't come with an arch and TV.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!