Options

Miscellaneous "Custom" Ideas On My 320

I know that other folks have started threads about "nifty" ideas that they have done on their boats so I thought that I'd post a few custom things on my 320.

1) I have the rear "sun pad" pads for the boat and like many other fellow Rinker owners, the question always comes up as to how to store the slide in pads. So, I figured out a way to store them between the steps and the head wall. I made a Velcro strap that keeps them in place and these things do not move (unless we put them out).

2) Another storage question I've seen on the forum before is where to keep the filler cushion for the dinette berth when it's not in use - so it actually fits perfectly above the entrance to the rear berth. Again, I made a Velcro strap that holds it in place.

3) We never sleep in the rear berth (we affectionately call it the "cave") so we use the forward berth. I found that a full size Aerobed fits almost perfectly. It has the built in air pump so it's easy to adjust firmness, it very lightweight which makes getting to the forward storage areas much easier by lifting up. This is also much easier to make the bed and change sheets, etc. We use standard Full sheets and blankets.

4) I added a second table to the cockpit - I still use the oval tables and found a great way to store them in the "cave". I place both of them face to face and use adjustable tension rods to keep them in place.

imageimage

5) We also cook out quite a bit and here's how I set up my grill:

6) I also added an 110 v electrical outlet, cable outlet and 12 v outlet for my TV mount. I use a 32" LED TV in the cockpit.

I have a few more "custom" things I have done including adding a Heatercraft cockpit heater for those chilly Lake Michigan days and can post pics of that install if someone was interested to see how I did it. 
Steve

Comments

• Options
    floater212floater212 Confirm Email, Member Posts: 121 ✭✭
    I have a 2005 212 xr1, when we go out it's usually full of people 7-8, there's no room anywhere to store the pedestal and round table top so I came up with 3 bunge cord screwed to the extra ribs I installed on the bottom of the sundeck ( the kids like to use as a trampoline so more braces were added ) and slip the top under the bunges. as for the pedestal, it goes in the bottom of the front seat compartment with the ski ropes, all out of the way yet easy to get to. I don't have a way to take some pictures to show you guys, sorry, but it was a easy fix to do. who else did stuff like this?
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    Very nice Frodo!  I'm sure some 310/312/320 owners will find it very useful!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great ideas Frodo. I would like to see the pictures/install info on the Heatercraft mod you did. I have the same TV mount as you in our cockpit, except it's black - great unit. I added a back plate to it so I can also adjust the TV in a circular motion. MT
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,547 mod
    Very creative! Thanks for posting.

How long has the TV been in the cockpit, and how is it holding up?  Are you in fresh water, or salt water?
  • Options
    Captain_RobCaptain_Rob Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Hey frodo. ...just purchased an 2005 320 myself....interested in your heater setup you talked about..could you give me some pics of your install along with some pointers.....also curious how well your cockpit TV is holding up
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    Guys, regarding the cockpit TVs most of my friends bought Naxas or similar brands from Roadtrucker or VivaLadeals and they have held-up for a number of years. They paid abour $200.00 for their 12v/110v TV/DVD combos. I wanted a dedicated MARINE unit with shock (as in being bumped/dropped) and water protection. As well, I wanted one with the lowest possible electrical draw. I bought a Majestic. (that's what Rinker used to use as O.E.M. in their cabins). I love it. It has a gold wired, sealed pcb and the speakers are also robust. It has a huge number of inputs BUT it is expensive and runs around $500. You can see multiple pictures of my install in the electrical thread on this forum. I think you have to scroll back to page three - "Cockpit TV Install". When we traded our 2013 EC 310 for a 2014 EC 360 I kept it and have installed it in the cockpit of the 360 to the satellite TV system. Regards. MT
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    I'll second using naxa. I've used them in my last two boats with good luck..

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    ApriceAprice Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
    Nice work! Inspiration for a few more projects.
    Anthony Price 
    The Price is Right
    MacRay Harbor, Harrison Twp., MI