Options

Fender Accessories - Has anyone tried the Fender-Grip product?

ATMATM Member Posts: 9

Has anyone tried the Fender-Grip product?  I'm considering buying a set per each fender,  Just trying to avoid the fender rack visibility issues & concerns mentioned earlier in other fender discussion.

I'm attaching  pictures of the product  

Appreciate your suggestion    

Post edited by ATM on

Comments

• Options
    floater212floater212 Confirm Email, Member Posts: 121 ✭✭
    I haven't tried those, but for my boat I had the quick adjustable straps. they worked great the 1st time I used them, docked at a bar & grill's dock just to get back and find crappy fenders on my boat. they stole my fenders with straps and gave me their crap as a gesture of good faith. nice guys!
  • Options
    jaubryjaubry Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
    I have 8 these and 2 spares. We like to simplicity and speed of use. Great product.
  • Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    They do work pretty good. Even they are not cheap at least here in Canada.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2014
    I have 8 with 2 spares. I find them a saviour when I want a fast change of fender level - new marina, dock or when going through locks. The rest of the time they grip like glue. They aren't cheap but they are real tough. Love'em! P.S. put a knot at the end of the "loose" line end so that one of the kids doesn't "squeeze the black trigger" and dump your fender! BTW I use cloth fender covers. The best ones I have found so far are the premium polyester from West Marine. They not only protect the finish they seem to "polish it" LOL :-)  MT.....P.P.S. if you have the inclination to look at the pictures I posted of the launch of our new EC 360, in the photo gallery on this forum,you will see these Fender Grips in the pictures.
    Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    ATMATM Member Posts: 9
    Appreciate all your comments now I will buy with confidence :D
    They are sold for $17.95 online the price is good value for money considering St.St. hardware mechanism.

2 spares rather than being sorry! @ MT :-bd 
    Thanks