Our marina blown away!

rinker312rinker312 Member Posts: 255 ✭✭
Well normally I try to get on the water in the beginning or April. This year I am working on a hard top and I still am not there. This is a video of what is left of our marina. I went down tonight and my boat would have been destroyed in the slip it was supposed to go into. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OcNH2qgtLK0

2004 Rinker 312, 5.0 Merc's, Bravo III, Lake Wheeler, AL

Comments

  • EDWINCEDWINC Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Wow. I'm glad nothing happened and hope ur family is ok as we'll
    Sincerely Edwin C
  • rinker312rinker312 Member Posts: 255 ✭✭
    Family is well. No damage where we live and no injuries at the marina. But the string of storms is up to around 35 deaths. Very sad.

    2004 Rinker 312, 5.0 Merc's, Bravo III, Lake Wheeler, AL

  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,948 mod
    Always sad to hear of the destruction from mother nature.  Glad to hear you are doing ok and even lucky the boat was not there.  We want to continue seeing pictures of that hard top as well!

    Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

  • BruceBruce Member Posts: 167 ✭✭
    That's terrible, thank goodness you, your family and your boat were not hurt. 
    2004 250 FV 
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear you and your family are ok, and the boat!
    2008 330EC
  • JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭✭
    RIP to the people that lost their lives, boats can be replaced people cant.

    Glad to hear your family & boat are doing well.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    Wow!

  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! That is not good.  What's your plan of action?

    Boat Name: King Kong

    "Boat + Water = Fun"

  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
  • rinker312rinker312 Member Posts: 255 ✭✭
    Be safe RY. This was the first time I had ever seen tornado damage in real life. Hopefully the last. Not sure what I am going to do now. The good news is that the marina was bought last year by a group that does marine construction and they were making a lot of improvements already. So hopefully they can recover quickly and make the place even better. I guess I will take my time on the remainder of the hard top and see what happens in the next week or two.

    2004 Rinker 312, 5.0 Merc's, Bravo III, Lake Wheeler, AL

  • BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    Prayers for all the people who lost homes and loved ones

    Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • golfdoggolfdog Member Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    Sorry for the damage at your marina, thankfully your family and home are okay. Seeing the damage on the news makes me feel horrible for all those that were affected by the storms.  
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,616 admin
    That is just a horrible thing  to happen to those people. God bless them.....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
Sign In or Register to comment.