x

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2014 in Rinker Express Cruisers Forum

x

Post edited by Michael T on

Comments

• JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree that Rinkers have an awesome value to standards ratio. I walked on a LOT of premium boats at the Detroit show this year, and it is really hard to see where some of the money goes in the higher-end brands.

You could get a Rinker 360EC for LESS than a 30' cruiser from Formula. Yes, the luxury stuff is nice, but it seems like its a lot of "fluff".

I guess you can say who would buy a Ferrari when a Corvette is just as fast, looks just as nice, and is 1/5th the price. Some people just want the name, and are willing to pay for it.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014

x

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tiara...made right down the road from me.  Also known as S2 Yachts for any sailors who remember.  They are a top end boat and you pay for it: not even in the same world as a Bayliner.  They are well built, I know a few of the engineers from there.

I've been on several, most are set up for fishing and with the inboards you lose massive amounts of cabin space.  Take a look: 36' and a single berth, no enclosed shower...and you'll spend 2x over that 360EC

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tiara is a great boat, but you'll pay double for it.

MT over an above what you say is that Rinkers are structurally built well. We can talk about finishes, but you also want to know that your gelcoat isn't going to crack everywhere, and that the hull can take the stress of a rough sea.  I had a surveyor inspect my brand new rinker. He was very impressed by the build - and pointed out a number of good features he doesn't normally see until you are looking at VERY expensive boats (for instance, in my engine compartment the hull and deck are glassed together, not just caulked and screwed).  Speaking to my gelcoat/fibreglass guy (who polishes my boat every year), he hardly ever sees Rinkers that need fixes due to manufacturing issues. He does see a lot of boats from brands you would expect otherwise from (no names mentioned ... Sea ?a?). Oops did I do that?

Jokes aside, not trying to knock other brands here, but Rinker is built well. It took me a while to figure this out, but I'm sure glad I have my boat.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

edited November 2014

x

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod

I do agree with everyone and absolutely love my Rinker!  I would say though, MT, you should actually compare the "list" price of the 360 with the Carver since what you put was its list price.  I'm sure the 360k can drop close to 300k as a sell price.

As far as Tiara, beautiful extremely well built boat!  I do believe one of the best built out there.  & the cost is definitely up there as well.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

edited November 2014

x

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was doing my boat search, I read a lot and really found nothing on line downing the Rinker. I also wanted a boat I could trailer and be as big as it could be. Part of the trailer equation was the single engine and still being able to get a 27' hull. I was a little concerned about the power but that duo prop (is this standard or an option?) just made all the difference in the world, I think....is the only boat this size I have ever been on and the first ride was the survey. Around the dock also, very surprised how it handles with the duo prop. While my boat is not in the league you all are discussing, it still looks to me to be a well laid out(much more room than the bayliner and regal with much more head room and features for about the same bucks. I assume that transfers into the bigger boats as well. Mine is a 2005 and I just buffed it all all and there are 0 signs of any cracking in the hull anywhere on the boat and I'm very happy with it so far...working out some bugs but as I have learned on the forum, the bugs starts as soon as you sign a buyers order on a new one!
    edited November 2014

x

• NewboatNewboat Member Posts: 2
    Gotta Say. I'm more proud of my Rinker Fiesta Vee 300 every day.!
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    I am very proud of my Rinker. I worked very hard to buy it and I worked even harder through a divorce to keep it. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    edited November 2014

x

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Thanks MT yes the ride is even sweeter now. 29 years of marriage and now I cant stand the sound of her name......lol My boat should be floating in about 2 weeks..... Cant wait...
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com