Options

202 festiva help!!!

I just bought the boat it's a 93 rinker 202 festiva abd I can not find parts anywhere. Is it a rare boat?. I'm looking for interior parts. Also the boat will not start the starter just sounds the starter with out engaging the fly wheel? Flywheel is not bent any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Sounds like a bad solonoid/starter.
    2. What 'interior' parts are you looking for? Vinyl cushions, etc you'll need to get recovered or remade.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the starter is spinning and not engaging the flywheel the bendex on the starter can be bad. Sometimes they stick and do not come out all the way to engage the flywheel. You can try to free it up by taking the starter out and spray some lube on it.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also make sure your battery is in top shape and fully charged. If it has low voltage it might not be spinning the starter fast enough to push the bendex into the flywheel.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    datimm09datimm09 Member Posts: 3

1. Sounds like a bad solonoid/starter.
    2. What 'interior' parts are you looking for? Vinyl cushions, etc you'll need to get recovered or remade.

I'm looking for all the seats. The boat was left out side with a torn cover. Interior is rough.
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could contact Rinker, Cindy is the person to talk to. However, I think you'll end up talking to a marine or auto vinyl shop to recover them due to the age.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    BruceBruce Member Posts: 167 ✭✭
    If you go to the trouble to pull the starter I would just replace it, from what you describe I'm sure that will fix that problem. I agree with BD on your interior, your best bet on the seats is a local upholstery shop, they usually don't charge as much as one would think.  
    2004 250 FV 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BD is 100% - take your interior parts to a good auto or marine upholstery place it will be way cheaper. Bruce is 100% regarding replacing the starting motor. Good advice on a great forum. Keep asking questions, the guys on this forum know their boats! MT