Options

Engine hatch motor

TailsmeTailsme Member Posts: 20 ✭✭

I have looked everywhere for the engine hatch motor without any luck, I have not owed the boat long and the motor never worked. I would like to replace it but cannot find the motor anywhere. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks Darren

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aside from checking breakers and wire connections first...you'll need to replace the whole actuator, note it needs to be a marine type so it is ignition proof.  What boat model do you have?  There should be a label on the motor part if you can read it.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options

Hi, I have a 2003 312 fiesta, I will replace the entire unit but I cannot find the motor, I am not sure if the motor is missing completely. Please let me know where the motor should be.

Thanks Darren

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭

The motor is directly connected to the actuator.  Should be at the bottom and sticking out at a right angle to it.  Follow the wires :)

Have you tried jumping it directly from the posts in the battery switch box (should be by the transom walkthru area)?  You can connect a 12v battery to the posts and it either will go up or down, just reverse the connection if it goes the wrong way.  At least it will tell you if the problem is the actuator or a wiring issue.  Check the connection at the actuator too for corrosion.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the information, as I suspected the motor is missing at the bottom of my actuator!! I knew there was something wrong as it never worked and with the pins in top and bottom I am able to open the hatch with 1 other person and put the support strut in place. I will have to buy a new unit. Does anybody know of a good place to buy a new unit from? Thanks Darren
  • Options
    BruceBruce Member Posts: 167 ✭✭
    There's quite a few listed on ebay, try searching under 

NEW MARINE BOAT WARNER ELECTRIC ENGINE HATCH LIFT ACTUATOR

and see if you can find one that fits your boat.
     Good luck, Bruce
    2004 250 FV 
  • Options
    Thank you -- I have ordered the correct one