Options

new to me 265 and I have Information to trade

youstolemybeeryoustolemybeer Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭

Hi, I just purchased a 1994 265 and have some little things that I need to fix. But before I ask questions I want to give some information.

1. bravo 2 water pump/fuel pump. its painfull to replace them. but if you lay a piece of carpet on the engine its not so bad. Also the OEM fuel pump is made by AIRTEX and available at autozone #60932.

2. The shower drain pump is located behind the toilet paper cabinet. If you take the pump off the bulkhead that it is mounted to, and lay it on the bottom of the boat, the shower will drain a lot easier and more complete.

3. if you change the cabin lights over to LED, I would suggest going with this setup https://www.fasttech.com/p/1110706  https://www.fasttech.com/p/1103509  they will fit inside the light housing and put out a tremendous amount of light and only draw 1/2 amp each.

Now for what I need.

My fridge doesn't work, I have both 12 and 120 volts to it, does anyone know how to trouble shoot this thing?

The stove doesn't work either, obviously the alcohol part does but not the electric. Im wondering if its a 220 voltage stove. I have to guess where the wires go because for some reason the previous owner took it out and never put it back in.

The floor at the cabin door, its damp, always. Im sure its a very minute weep somewhere in the hull or its just condensation on the hull. Should I construct a sub-floor or just combat it with a box fan. Im good either way and just want opinions

It always drives me nuts when I see newbies such as my self post for information, but don't offer information first.

You have to give in order to receive

Thanks

Steve

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,547 mod
    Steve, good post!

Does the fridge do anything at all when you connect power?  Does it make humming sounds but never get cold, or is it completely dead?  What brand is it?
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve, never worry about asking a question. When you ask a question everyone on the forum learns something from the answer, including the guy/gal who has to think through their response to you - so - everyone wins! If you have something to say to help others, fine, if not you will another time. We all love to discuss boats and boating issues - every boat discussion extends your lifeline. Keep the questions coming :-) MT.....I'm not too familiar with the intricies of the 265, but the stove should be 110v. More info pls. You have 3 wires going to it? If you turn the stove on does a breaker trip indicating a short or does nothing happen?
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod

Steve, welcome to the site. When you say wet floor by the cabin, is this in the cabin or is it wet up in the cockpit area?  If it is in the cabin, you definitely need to find the source.

As far as stove, definitely 120V and should be standard 3-wire as mentioned.

Fridge, give us the brand and model number and as mentioned a few more things that LaRea mentioned would help. If it hums, then the compressor is kicking on. No power at all, well, breakers or ?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check to make sure the switch inside the frig is on too. It is the 'cold' setting knob towards the back and you can turn it off there too.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options

I will have more information in the morning, I thought that Rinker used all the same appliances for the different models, and as such, the boat it 15 miles from the house and I had to work this evening.

Thanks folks

Steve

• Options

ok, the stove is now working ( a little persuasion with a hammer and electric contact cleaner on the rheostat made it want to work) I am now working on the fridge. Model Number de251-e serial number ptn0043, Norcold tek II. I have a power light inside the box, but no cold. also I hear the transformer click but no other noises. Ok someone point me in the right direction please

Steve

btw Im not worried about the 12volt part of the fridge, just the 120 part.Thanks

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you have a 120VAC compatible frig...mine was only set up for 12VDC and I had to get a kit to have it auto run AC/DC.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options

on the fridge I have traced it down to a bad transformer. In order to get a new one I need the output voltage for both leads, any ideas?

Steve

And yes it is a 120volt/12volt fridge

• Options
    15035bsawafuji
  • Options

no worries, I replaced the transformer with a slightly different one, now it works, just not on the 12 volts. Im not that worried about it.

Thanks for the help

Steve