312 fiesta vee twin volvo 5.0

I have a 2004 Rinker 312 Fiesta Vee with twin Volvo 5.0L Ocean Series engines and outdrives.  I have two 75 gal fules tanks that has valves to isolate the tanks or merge them.  I run with the tanks isolated, so that the port engine pulls from the port tank only ans same for the starboard engine and tank.  I have been noticing that the boat doesnt seem to be getting up and out of the hole as fast as it used to as full throttle and top speed as dropped off a bit too.  Today i took the boat out and the Port engine was running fine at slow now wake speed. But once i throttled up to over 2500 rpm, it was starving for gas.  I pulled the fuel water seperator and it was only half way full with fuel,but the fuel was clean and water free.  I next switched the valves so that both engines pulled from only the starboard tank and the engines ran fine, the pick up out of th ehole even seemed a bit faster then before although not as fast as it was last season.  I am assuming that there is a problem with the port fuel pick up... how to I check and fix this?

Comments

• Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    You may have had an air bubble in the line or sucking a bit of air at the fuel filter.  When you slowed down or checked the fuel filter the bubble moved or retightening the fuel filter fixed the issue. Another power issue could be your rotors and caps.  When was the last time you replaced them? On another topic, how have your drives been for you?  
  • rinker312rinker312 Member Posts: 255 ✭✭
    You can get to the top of the port tank through the opening that is under your seat in the cabin. Probably not a fun job to do. Get a little fuel pump and hook it up and see if it pulls fuel out at the same rate as the starboard tank. I would rule out anything else prior to trying to get at that pickup tube. Good luck. Keep us posted

2004 Rinker 312, 5.0 Merc's, Bravo III, Lake Wheeler, AL

• rinker312rinker312 Member Posts: 255 ✭✭
    I meant the opening under the seat in the cockpit not the cabin

2004 Rinker 312, 5.0 Merc's, Bravo III, Lake Wheeler, AL