Options

Water heater hoses from engine.

frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
Hi, I have a Attwood water heater model EHM6, I would like to find out where are the hoses from the engine( 5.0) plugs in the heater, the hose that come in from the recirculating pump in the front housing should go where ? Looking at the picture does it goes where the red circle is on the heater barb or the the other one in yellow Thanks See pictures below

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not 100% but I don't think it matters what side it goes on. The water just flows in and around the tank heating it then out the other side. I'm sure someone else will chime in and have more info.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    BruceBruce Member Posts: 167 ✭✭
    Aero is right, it should not matter which way the water flows 
    2004 250 FV 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the heater was an electric heater? I did not notice anything on my 270 going from the motor to the water heater...geesh, just when you think your starting to figure this boat out....
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    The water from the engine will be hot and warm your water while the engine is running. It's also can be used as an electric water heater when you are plugged into shore power.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    Ras, you are going to be so smart soon that your own mind will just be boggled! :D

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Hi, We are loosing track of my discussion would somebody with twin engines and a Attwood water heater look at their set-up and let me know or confirm aero313 or Bruce answer it would be much appreciated. Thanks Paul
  • Options
    FlyingBlind310FlyingBlind310 Member Posts: 49 ✭✭

Frenchship....I have a 310 FV w/ twin FWC 5.0's...not sure on the brand but my water heater (probably Attwood) is connected to the loop on my starboard engine. I believe there is connector coming out of the engine (hot coolant) which circulates the water heater and then back to the heat exchanger. I don't have any pictures, but I will be at my boat this weekend and can snap a few....hope that helps.

I believe either engine could be connected to the water heater and as long as both hoses are connected to the same engine ;)

2001 310 Fiesta Vee

T-5.0 FWC Mercs w/ B2

• Options
    FB. Thanks it would be really nice from you to take pictures. What I would like I to see is the hose from the circulating pump in front of the engine to where it goes on the water heater looking at the face of the heater does it go the R.H.S or the L.H.S. Or on the red circle or yellow circle as per the picture in my post . Thanks a millions Paul PS. If you double click on my picture it would get larger.
  • Options
    bmaxbmax Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Frenchship  It doesn't matter which way the lines from the engine hook up to the water heater, it is just a loop throught the tank to heat the stored water. My Boat has Volvos and if I get time tommorrow I will post a pic of the hook up.

bmax

• Options
    Bmax Thanks for the info.