Options

Batteries for 2000 Captiva 232 CC w/ 7.4 EFI

andy_fandy_f Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
Wondering if anyone knows what batteries would have been specified for a 2000 Captiva 232 CC w/ 7.4 EFI. I have 2 batteries that need to be replaced, they are both cranking 1000 CCA. They are both in battery boxes, but I would like to move them to the original tray w/ the factory hold-downs.

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andy, without more info I'd say they were "regular" flooded batteries, one of is probably a deep-cycle flooded, particularly if there is a battery switch which I am guessing there is. If you're replacing both I'd recommend two series 31 AGMs. MT
  • Options
    Yes after doing some looking around, they are 800 CCA Group 24.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battery trays are cheap, so if you have to change them to get bigger batteries the cost won't be bad - compared to the batteries! I assume one battery will be a starting battery and one will be a "house" battery. if you are going to run stereo amps etc. a lot while at anchor AND your battery charger can be set to AGM I'd get series 31 AGM batteries. If the answer is no, there is a huge selection of decent flooded starter/deep cycle batteries out there. MT
  • Options
    Michael T said:
    Battery trays are cheap, so if you have to change them to get bigger batteries the cost won't be bad - compared to the batteries! I assume one battery will be a starting battery and one will be a "house" battery. if you are going to run stereo amps etc. a lot while at anchor AND your battery charger can be set to AGM I'd get series 31 AGM batteries. If the answer is no, there is a huge selection of decent flooded starter/deep cycle batteries out there. MT
    I was thinking of using 2 starting batteries, just have a head unit, no amps, so I don't see us using a lot of battery while on the hook, then I still have 2 starting batteries incase something happens to one of them.