Options

Fresh water pump

StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
I filled the fresh water tank to flush it, then turned on the fresh water pump.  Seemed to work ok, but I found out that when the pump is on, water is spraying out of the city water inlet on the transom.  Is there a check valve somewhere that I can service/replace to stop that from happening? 

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    Stodge, I believe most are built into the feed thru piece that you connect the hose to. You could either replace that or install a one way valve in front of it. It may be possible to replace pieces inside. If you replace the entire piece, I'd say get one that has built in pressure regulator as well.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    I just saw one of those from Shurflo.  I'll give the current one a look and see if it can be salvaged.

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably not much to salvage on your old one, but getting a new one with a built in pressure regulator is a great suggestion.  

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    That was the issue.  Switched it out and problem solved.  

With luck we're nearing the end of the "discover all the broken stuff" phase of buying a used boat.  The VHF antenna and radio on in that pile as well.