Options

Water system

Hi Guys, Hope everyone got your boat in the water and ready to enjoy the summer!! I have a little problem with my water system on our 04 270FV. All the sinks (wet bar and washroom) faucets are pushing out great water pressure except for the galley's faucet which just trickles out. I cleaned the filter screen and even put a shop vac vacuum on the faucet hoping to primed the system or suck out any air-lock without success. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Happy boating!!

Comments

• Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    Maybe reverse the vac and blow the other way. You may also have a kink in a line? Have you worked on a project that may have pinched the waterline at some point.
  • Options
    love2cruiselove2cruise Member Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Ok... After a few weeks of trying everything under the sun, the fix was under my nose but didn't see it earlier. It was the aerator that was flog from years of use. Took it part and it's now working like a charm. Fix took 2 minutes. Felt pretty stupid as that was the first thing I should've checked that first. Oh well... on to the next project!
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good you found it, they tend to plug up with debris or just from hard water.  I just replaced one of mine too for the same reason!  Sometimes you can clean these with toilet bowl cleaner or CLR too.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    BruceBruce Member Posts: 167 ✭✭
    Thanks for the follow up, glad you got it fixed.
    2004 250 FV 
  • Options
    JohnnyCakeJohnnyCake Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    I had the same problem, but the faucet was also dripping water when it was shut off. I replaced whole faucet. Took less than 20min and cost 30 euros.
    You can replace it with any faucet you like, just check connection to tubes (1/2inch) fits. Very easy job.

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    where is the areator at? I'm having issues with mine that I will probably have to replace the pump but want to make sure I do a clean job of it....I assume the pump is not re buildable.....the pressure switch does not seem to be working as it runs continually until it over heats. I need to check the connections and make sure I'm not leaking but I don't think so at this point....
  • Options
    jmoen438jmoen438 Member Posts: 98 ✭✭✭
    Ras, if your pump isn't shutting off, good chance you might be leaking somewhere. Have you tried marking the water level in the tank then seeing if it goes down at all with the pump running?