Options

Trouble with my Air Conditioner

Hey fellow boaters, I turned on the air-conditioning system for the first time this season however it doesn't seems like any water is circulating through the system as there's no water discharge coming out of the side of the boat. The fan is blowing (not cold air) and when I put my hand on the water pump by the inlet valve, it's humming and quite hot but I'm not sure if it's actually pumping water. Should that motor be hot? And any idea what I should check next? I believe I have a Dometic system. Any assistant would be greatly appreciated. Happy Boating!!

Comments

• Options
    jkleinjklein Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
    First of all don't run your a/c without water running through. You will blow the a/c pump. Under your stairs where the water pump is located for the air should be a valve/seacock that needs to be open. For me I need to reach my hand in (towards the head/starboard side) and open the seacock valve). That will allow water to,pump through a/c system.
  • Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    You may have an air lock in the system. Take a water hose and blow water from the outside in for about 20 seconds. That generally reprimes the system.
  • Options
    HamdogHamdog Member Posts: 247 ✭✭
    Or use a Wet/Dry vac to suck the water out the discharge. That works too.
    "Wetted" Bliss 2005 Rinker 342 - Black Hull - Twin Mercruiser 350 Mags - BIII's