Options

SeaDek

ordered the DIY kit from SeaDek.  Getting rid of snap in carpet and going with the faux mocha on black SeaDek.  Should take 6 weeks for custom cut. Anyone else have this?  Wonder how durable it is.

Comments

• Options
    glynnalanglynnalan Member Posts: 36
  • Options
    TheSaltTheSalt Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
    Wow!  Looks pretty intense...  Should be awesome though.
    ~ 1998 266 Fiesta Vee 7.4 B3 ~ Salt Lake City, Utah ~
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will be very happy.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    MIKES342MIKES342 Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭

This is what I had installed on my 260EC.  Looks good and is easy to clean.  It does get hot though.

• Options
    midwestemidweste Member Posts: 135 ✭✭
    Looking good! That stuff is awesome. I visited their website and its amazing what patterns they can etch into it. 

2000 180 Bowrider, 135hp 3.0L Merc, 2.00 Alpha One Gen 2 OD, 14.5 x 19P prop

Regular weekender, trailer stored indoors, Southern Ohio  

• Options

Installed the SeaDek this week.  VERY happy with end results- this classes up ANY boat! SeaDek now has the 'template' for 2008 Rinker 280 EC if your in the market to buy.  You won't have to template it- this fits perfect and is now in their system.  Hit me up with questions-

Glynn 

• Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

Looking good....I did my swim platform on my 342 a couple of weeks ago and absolutely LOVE it. Will get the template kit and do the bow steps before the season is done.....will make that area easier (not as hard and slippery) to get up and down for the admiral
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations a 100% pro job! MT

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin

Looks great. Good job.

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options

cost was $1400.  they did have other Rinker templates, have to check website seadek.com
  • Options

yes they do have 342 templates....at least for the swim platform. I can't link from here but check the thread "is there a sea deck equivalent" last post dated July 10

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭

I've slipped and fallen on the platform of our 342 twice already.  A friend recommended SeaDeck and I think that's the way to go.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2014

That looks super sharp. Frikken boat jewelry sure dresses up your gal. Carpet is certainly out of vogue at all the shows.

Heat would be the only concern down in my neck of the woods. We'll apprieciate an objective report on any hot foot issues. Otherwise very awesome look.

Mike

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod

The biggest thing that will make you slip on the non-skid is the sunscreen spray.  Gotta watch where you use it.  Definitely looks great, but I do know it gets hot.  So Tiki, you definitely would have a tough time.  I actually skip across the platforms with it that are tied up with us quickly cause they are too hot to stand on.

Heck, my dark cockpit carpet gets warm where it's not shaded.  When I replace it, it will be with something lighter.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭

My friend who got SeaDeck switched to it from PlasTeak because of the heat issue.  The SeaDeck is supposed to be cooler.

My platform gets slick with plain old water on it.  I've just learned to be cautious.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options

HUGE Difference compared to what Riker puts on from the factory. I think it's the PlasTeak but not sure. Couple of folks at my marina have it and they hate it because of the heat. SeaDek is much much cooler and not as firm. Much better product.

• Options

nice

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭

....and there you have it. I guess I'll just love the one I'm with. Honestly I find the non-skid on our '04 270 to be a perfect balance between too slick and too coarse and the light color is never hot. I can't figure out why it was covered with carpet to begin with.

That Seadeck sure looks nice though.

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    JMGINWV342JMGINWV342 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited August 2014

On my 342, I have Flexiteek in my cockpit and SeaDek on my swim platform.  The SeaDek is softer and does not get as hot.
    Post edited by JMGINWV342 on
  • Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Been looking at sea deck and see they say it's good for 5 to 7 years. Any one had that long and how well is it holding up? 

• Options

Not hot-- had it out in the sun all weekend in 107 degree weather.  very warm but not scorching. 

I'm thinking about getting screens added to my Bimini top- these screens would mimic same layout as my camper canvas with isinglass -- but all screens for shade + circulation.  Anyone have any recommendations? 

• Options

I've seen a few people custom add them. Not sure how the secure, but I'm thinking Velcro boarders would probably do the trick, as they are only used while stationary.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    RinkerRookieRinkerRookie Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Looks great!!!  Just got approval from my "first-mate" to order it for our platform and walk-thru on our 2010 246 BR.  I think the Stone Grey is gonna look sharp! 
    Fin and Tonic (w/Lime)...