Options

Cabin fridge not very cold

rinker312rinker312 Member Posts: 255 ✭✭
All. My fridge in the cabin is not very cold. I have it turned all the way up. It has never been real cold but seems to be getting worse. The smaller fridge in the cockpit will freeze everything if I turn it way up. Any idea what to check out or what my options are? Thanks

2004 Rinker 312, 5.0 Merc's, Bravo III, Lake Wheeler, AL

Comments

• Options
    youstolemybeeryoustolemybeer Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭

refrigerators and air conditioners operate on the same principles. Gas is compressed by the compressor, pushed through the coils and expands in the evaporator. As it expands it cools, as it is compressed it heats. A lot of times the poor cooling can be cured just by a good cleaning. Look at your ac condenser outside the house, those fins have to stay clean for the ac to work. Same thing on your fridge. Pull it out and look at the cooling tubes, any dust/dirt will affect the cooling inside the box. Also airflow inside the box will affect cooling. If you have a fan forced fridge, make sure all the little vents in there are clear. IE no beer cans sitting in front of them.

Im not an ac/fridge guy, but Im slowly learning how to fix this stuff cuz I don't want to spend bucket loads of money fixing the small fridge on my boat

• Options
    rinker312rinker312 Member Posts: 255 ✭✭
    Ok, I will try pulling it out and cleaning it all up and see if that helps at all.  How do I get it out?  are there some screws somewhere holding it in place?

2004 Rinker 312, 5.0 Merc's, Bravo III, Lake Wheeler, AL