Options

Rinker 260 infor needed

I am new to this site but I am going to givr it a try.  I currently have an 06  342 that we ordered from the factory.  We ordered a 03  270 prior to that.  Anyway we are tired of traveling 2 hours every weekend to Cedar Point Marina every weekend when we have a lake 4 miles away.  So while we are trying to sell our 342 and we are close to retirement we were thinking about a 260 Rinker EC.  I would appreciate anyones comments.  Especially if you have a generator installed with a/c and Windlass.  With the extra weight will th 5.7 merc 300 hp Bravo 3 be enough for the boat

Comments

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought a 2011 Rinker 260 EC this year - brand new.

I have windlass and AC, no generator.

The 5.7 350 MAG is just enough. If there's 5 or 6 people on board it could take about 10 to 15 seconds to plane, but it does get out of the hole.
    With 2 adults, 2 kids - I can get to plane in about 8 to 10 seconds.

It's a great boat - and for the size, it has a really efficient layout.

If you have any particular questions, let me know.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    l-skynyrdl-skynyrd Member Posts: 178 ✭✭✭
    Hi Mike.....

I just retired this year and I drive about 1 1/2 hours to get to my boat, so I know what it is like to have to drive.
    What I am triing to do is move closer to the boat. In your case I think I would move your present boat to
    the lake near where you live. This just my opinion. The market is not good for selling but, it is good for buying.

Sure do miss the RBO site and wish all the RBO members would get off facebook (soical network not a forum)
    and join this forum. It takes a bit to getting used to but it is WAY better than facebook.

Let me know what you think about RBO problem.

Len

You have to love the water....

Len & Robyn   342 FV  Freebird

• Options
    MIKES342MIKES342 Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    Len,

I was with the Rinkerboatowner.com from the beginning.  It was a great site with tons of information and many people contributed to it.  I miss it.  You say they are on facebook now?  Anyway thanks for the information. 

Since our lake is so small there isn't anyone who could handle my 342.  We are very close to a deal on the 260.  I'll let youguys know.  Yes I will be retiring next year also so we are downsizing.
  • Options
    I have traded my 2006 342 for a 2013 260.  I am down sizing.  we ordered it with a generator, radar arch and a 300hp bravo 3.  My dealer called me today and asked me if I wanted to upgrade it to a 6.2 bravo 3.  Does anyone have any experience with this set up woith the 300 hp?  Don't wnat to pay for the additional engine if I do not have to.  Any information is appreciated.
  • Options
    JPJonesJPJones Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Have you had a chance to use the new boat?  And did you go with the 300 or the 320?  I had a 2003 270 with the Merc 300 and  A/C, windlass and genset. Like Mark says it planes pretty well-- just not real fast--but after all it is a cruiser.  Trim tabs help.  Since the 270 is about 2000 lbs more than the 262 seems the 300 would do fine in your case.  Probably a matter of personal preference. Enjoy!
  • Options
    StretchStretch Member Posts: 3
    Hey Mike it's M.T. (stretch). here, glad to see you on this site. Hope to hear about your new EC 260 with the 6.2 mag and gen! Hope some of the other guys show up too! I'll p;ost about our new Ec310 when it arrives. Stay Cool Mike!
  • Options
    Hey Mark Its December 6th and I can't get onto RBO - some denial of service by apache/red hat? Good to hear from you on RBO - say hello to everyone - I miss them M.T. (stretch)
  • Options
    I agree. Something crazy has happened to the RBO site. This site looks great. Let's get the whole gang over here. The RBO site seems to have been hacked by an apcache/redhat denial virus. I can't get on. We may have to start fresh here. I much prefer this site to facebook. If you can still get to the RBO site say hello to the guys for me. M.T. (stretch)
  • Options
    Thanks Strech.  I haven't been able to get on to RBO for several days.  It is a shame as i have been one of the early members.  I have met Talon at Lake Erie.  For the first raft up.  I became a moderator and still am although I am not that computer savy.  At one time I was on quite a bit.  I have owned quite a few boats.  All of my boats have been brand new I have never owned a used boat and I have always ordered them direct from the factory.  73 rinker, 74 Reinell, 77 bayliner, Out of boat for 15 years, 97 Maxum, 99 Fourwins Cruiser, 03 Rinker 270, 06 342, 08 Sea Ray, jsut sold the 342,  the sea ray is for sale and i just ordered a 2013 260.  I am 65 and downsizing.  the 260 is my retirement boat.  We have been driving 2 hours to Lake erie for 8 years and we have a lake 3 miles from the house.  That is where we will do most of our boating for the future.  I will be retiring next year at this time.
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Member Posts: 7
    Is this RBO site going to be down for long, or come back up like last time?

• Options