Options

Ottawa River

jaubryjaubry Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
The Ottawa River rose 14 inches this afternoon! The current is crazy violent. Took a lot of help and 4 tries to get her in the slip. Then it took another 45 min to get her tied up right. Be careful out there

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    Ditto with the Potomac River.  We cruised to Georgetown yesterday, and the river is full of 50-foot trees, 55-gallon drums and every piece of flotsam you can imagine.  The current was probably 7-8 mph in some places.  It was a challenging cruise, for sure.

As usual when the Potomac floods, local news crews were there in Georgetown shooting some video.  I bet we got on TV for being dumb enough to go boating in those conditions. 
  • Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Just been to the Hull marina (Ottawa river) water level rose again they had to put a ramp to get to the docks the current was bad. We will put the boat in Monday or Tuesday
  • Options
    bmaxbmax Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    On the upper Ottawa River (Petawawa) our marina is CLOSED because of high water conditions, same as last spring, Although I haven't been to the marina since Monday apparantly the water has come up by close to 2 feet. I guess it will be another late start to boating for us again this year.

bmax
  • Options
    jaubryjaubry Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
    Frenchship, It was so bad to today when a boat arrived he almost slammed into the fly bridge on the main dock. His slip was half way up on the D. This guy had 40+ years experience and the current took control. we all had to jump in to help.
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow!  Here in Florida we are trying to FIND water at this time of the year....now later in the summer with the tropical storms, it may be the flip side....amazing how boating is so different in other areas....