Options

were are you going for memorial day

We are going to lake cumberland this will be the first trip of the season looking forward to seeing friends I have missed all winter and what a winter it was 

Comments

• Options
    gslprogslpro Member Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Finally getting to the Lake....Lake Winnipesaukee that is.  Landscaping has been killing me around the house this month, so it will be our first (of many) reprieves this season!!  Pictures will surely follow.
    Gary and Diane
    290 FV Nauti Bonnie
  • Options
    JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    Put in bay the party island of Lake Erie western basin
  • Options
    FlyingBlind310FlyingBlind310 Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
    I will be out at Zach's Bay or Garbage Cove on the South Shore of Long Island...hope we all have a nice boating weekend & the weather cooperates!

2001 310 Fiesta Vee

T-5.0 FWC Mercs w/ B2

• Options
    BruceBruce Member Posts: 167 ✭✭
    Hillsdale lake, Hillsdale Kansas................................Not very exciting, but hey, it's in our back yard.
    2004 250 FV 
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FB310, really an anchorage called garbage cove? That could go either way in my book. It's either named that to keep the crowd out or it is what it is.

It looks like we'll be at the Sarasota Hyatt resort marina and around the bay/beaches during the day. Waterfall pool/palms/floating docks/near downtown/near the gulf n bay. Nice

We're getting pretty spoiled by an a/c hook up that is becoming more of a mandatory item with each passing day into our broiling season, now in full swing. Highs in the 90's, lows at night are in the mid 70's so it's pretty warm inside the cabin until well past midnight w/o an a/c. I really don't care to lay on anchor all night with the genset grinding next to my head so we're becoming a bunch of marina yacht sissies (albeit comfortable yacht sissies). :D

(Attn any crooks monitoring this thread, My rottweilers are staying at the house hoping you'll stop by for a surprise dinner.) Just sayin' >:)
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    FlyingBlind310FlyingBlind310 Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
    haha...it is actually one of the nicer anchorages around w/ deep fresh water (not 8ft of water which is SOP on the south shore). apparently it is where the USCG used to scuttle old wooden boats back in the day (not sure how true that is). 

2001 310 Fiesta Vee

T-5.0 FWC Mercs w/ B2

• Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandbar just inside the bogue inlet, sobx... Doing a clam bake and low country boil, and I'm sure the beer will pour for the guys, and bikini tops optional for the ladies.. between this, the 4th, and labor day, it's the best time of year!!!
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    Skipping the holiday staying home in the pool going next Thursday thru Monday crowds will be gone

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
     Broad Sound Atlantic Ocean......lol
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    The Main ExchangeThe Main Exchange Member Posts: 280 ✭✭✭
    Roche Harbor, San Juan Island, WA

2007 300 EC, 350 Mags, B3's, Table Rock Lake, MO

• Options
    Lifes GoodLifes Good Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    Poulsbo, WA. Viking town with an awesome bakery!
  • Options
    Now or neverNow or never Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    Everyone be safe and have a good time post pics so we can all see your spots we are going to stay on the hook a few nites if it gets cool at nite if not like tiki hut2 back to the marina  ha ha 
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

On the wall at the Bradenton YC.  Power hook up, water hook up and a pool just a few feet from the boat.  And a few more feet from there, the TIKI BAR.   Somehow I always think of the Tike Hut when I am there.  Please be careful and have a great time out there.  Looking forward to photos and stories on Tuesday.

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Hey Tony thanks we miss you guys. There's just something about a Tiki Hut that always reminds me of care free Polynesian girls on a tropical beach at sunset...... Ahhh. Captain Blighs Bounty crew found it was their eventual downfall so there must be something to it. :D

Here's to a MUTINY of the rat race pace that we attempt to keep ahead of.... at least for the long holiday weekend. Mr Christian (albeit the heathen version) will be manning the helm as we commandeer the ship to raise our glasses and cavort with our women without restraint.

And last but absolutely not least.......Cheers, Hoo-Rah and God Bless our fallen/wounded brothers and sisters as we honor and remember those who made it (keep it) possible. This one's for you!

Just sayin'.  Mike and Kelli

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl